Can Red5 Geographically video broadcast?

Can Red5 Geographically video broadcast?

morphin
Hello everyone.

I need geographically video broadcast:
For Example i have 10 server at different Countries and i wanna stream my video all of them but when User open the broadcast I wanna watch them from their location server or most close server.

Can Red5 do that ? How can i do that?

Thank you for your answers.

Re: Can Red5 Geographically video broadcast?

Rajdeep Rath

Hi

Geo location based broadcasting isn't a media server feature but rather separate middle tier service thingy.

For example if you have multiple servers across the world, you should have a directory index mapping your nodes with their approx location.

This can be database based or anyway you like.

For clients you can use geo location API to find out their current location. There are many options.... Some browser have their own API, or use a IP to location mapping ... or use a 3rd party geo-api...Whichever suits you best.

Then you would have to map client to server. Your logic can be as versatile as you want. This is just an idea. You can be as creative as you want