Can you recommend me a good hosting plan?

Can you recommend me a good hosting plan?

João Saleiro
Hi,

can you recommend me a good hosting plan that allows to install and use
Red5?

Thanks,

João Saleiro

Re: Can you recommend me a good hosting plan?

Chris Allen
João,

There are some things in the works that I know of that will address
your hosting situation soon. I'm certain that there will be at least a
few choices for Red5 hosting in the very near future.

-Chris

On 10/12/06, João Saleiro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can you recommend me a good hosting plan that allows to install and use
> Red5?
>
> Thanks,
>
> João Saleiro

FLVTool2 RC5

Harris, Mike-2
This may be interesting to some people, it seems to be an open source
command-line tool that among other things, can create a new flv file
from starting and stopping points within another flv file.

http://blog.inlet-media.de/category/open-source/

For example, as described on http://inlet-media.de/ :

cat example.flv | flvtool2 -ACU -t tags.xml -ki 1000 -o 5000 stdin
out.flvThis invocation

pipes example.flv into FLVTool2
adds the tags described in tag.xml to the file
discards everything before the nearest keyframe to 1 second and after 5
adds an onMetaData tag with fresh calculated values
and writes the new file to out.flv

Mike

This Message (including attachments) is intended only for the identified Recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential or subject to copyright, trade secret or other restrictions.  It may also include attorney client, attorney work product, or other privileged communications.  The information and opinions presented in this Message do not necessarily represent those of the Jones Companies.  If you are not the intended Recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, copying or distribution of this Message (including attachments) is unauthorized and prohibited.  If you have received this Message in error, please notify the Sender ([hidden email]) immediately by replying to and then completely deleting the Message (including all attachments) from your computer.  Additionally, the integrity and security of this Message and its attachments cannot be assured on the Internet; Recipients assume all risk of loss by accepting this message, including from their failure to use effective anti-virus software.

Re: Can you recommend me a good hosting plan?

João Saleiro

i've asked eApps ( www.eapps.com ) about their hosting plans supporting Red5 installation. I've received this answer:

"I am not sure as to which port number that may be, but if it is not one of our already opened then you would need to purchase a Custom Firewall plan which enables you to have additional ports opened.
As far as the software, you would be able to install whatever additional software you would like onto your server as you would have full root access. We also could install the software for you, though this would incur an additional fee. I see that red5 is more for streaming content and as such it probably wouldn't be good to start off with our smaller plans as they are not meant for heavy resource usage. You may be better off with a Standard Max plan(keep in mind that you can always move up and down in plans)."

Hope it's useful... :)

João Saleiro

João Saleiro

Email/MSN: [hidden email]
Skype:
joao.saleiro
Tel:
+351 916 077 097 / +351 968 203 370
WWW: http://www.webfuel.pt

Chris Allen wrote:
João,

There are some things in the works that I know of that will address
your hosting situation soon. I'm certain that there will be at least a
few choices for Red5 hosting in the very near future.

-Chris

On 10/12/06, João Saleiro [hidden email] wrote:

Hi,

can you recommend me a good hosting plan that allows to install and use
Red5?

Thanks,

João Saleiro

Re: Can you recommend me a good hosting plan?

Jake Hilton-2
I just spoke to a friend of mine who does hosting. He has red5 setup on one of his beta servers but will be able to offer red5 hosting by the end of the month. His contact info is:

http://bluesunhosting.com
[hidden email]

His name is Jonathan.. if you didn't glean that from above..  :)

Jake

On 10/14/06, João Saleiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

i've asked eApps ( <a href="http://www.eapps.com" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">www.eapps.com ) about their hosting plans supporting Red5 installation. I've received this answer:

WWW: <a href="http://www.webfuel.pt" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://www.webfuel.pt