Could not find or load main class org.red5.server.Bootstrap

Could not find or load main class org.red5.server.Bootstrap

Octavian Naicu
Hi all.

I've tried to install both Red5 1.0.6 and 1.0.8 on a CentOS 7.3 server with Open JDK 1.8.0_121-b13.

When I run red5.sh I get the following:

root@server1 /opt/red5 # ./red5.sh
Running on  Linux
Starting Red5
Error: Could not find or load main class org.red5.server.Bootstrap

JAVA_HOME is set to /usr/lib/jvm/java

Any ideas?

Octavian Naicu

Re: Could not find or load main class org.red5.server.Bootstrap

Octavian Naicu
Could it be a permission issue?

I am logging in as a random user and then switching to root to start Red5.

The Red5 files were uploaded as the non root user but they all have read permissions.

Octavian Naicu