Creating dummy publisher on red5

ak_001
Hi,

I am getting video packets from a non-red5 server. I want to publish those packets for my red5 server subscribers.
Please guide me to find proper way to publish packets as live streaming...

Re: Creating dummy publisher on red5

Andy Shaules-2

On Jul 27, 2017 3:16 AM, "Anuja Kothekar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am getting video packets from a non-red5 server. I want to publish those packets for my red5 server subscribers.
Please guide me to find proper way to publish packets as live streaming...

the first step is understanding how to form video data packets. acquire the adobe flv file format spec pdf and read how a video packet is structured. red5 video data wraps that object. once you have the conversion figured out, get back to the mailing list and we can help you publish the packets into a red5 client broadcast stream.

Re: Creating dummy publisher on red5

ak_001
Actually I want to pass VideoData from Red5-instance 1 to Red5-instance 2 via backend server. So here VideoData instance is as it is created on Red5 instance 1. Just the change is IoBuffer instance in VideoData is read separately and converted to byte array and it is recreated on Red5-instance 2 using that byte array and set in VideoData. And then this same VideoData I want to publish on Red5-instance 2. Whatever things I am doing/want to do are possible or not? Is it correct approach to take, please guide me.

On Jul 31, 2017 3:25 AM, "Anuja Kothekar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Actually I want to pass VideoData from Red5-instance 1 to Red5-instance 2 via backend server. So here VideoData instance is as it is created on Red5 instance 1. Just the change is IoBuffer instance in VideoData is read separately and converted to byte array and it is recreated on Red5-instance 2 using that byte array and set in VideoData. And then this same VideoData I want to publish on Red5-instance 2. Whatever things I am doing/want to do are possible or not? Is it correct approach to take, please guide me.

yes ok, like clustering kinda. if you are originating as red5 video data, you can look at the red5 streaming proxy class which can publish from point a to point b.

Re: Creating dummy publisher on red5

ak_001
Yeah I have seen that, but it's like I have to push it from originating server to next server whenever required.I don't want to use that request and push mechanism, rather I want that data globally available on my backend server so that it can be accessible everywhere. And hence I don't want to use StreamingProxy.

On Jul 31, 2017 9:10 PM, "Anuja Kothekar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeah I have seen that, but it's like I have to push it from originating server to next server whenever required.I don't want to use that request and push mechanism, rather I want that data globally available on my backend server so that it can be accessible everywhere. And hence I don't want to use StreamingProxy.

oh, then use the quantum entanglement proxy and specify no-send on the photon so its multicast.

but seriuosly ☺ i think once you set up your global front end servers and start load balancinng, the streaming proxy is what you have to get the job done. or use red5 pro. it clusters as-is.

Re: Creating dummy publisher on red5

ak_001
Okay.. Means simplest options I can look at are either streamingproxy or red5-pro.
I can not use red5-pro. So only option remaining is streamingproxy.

I have tried working with it but when I add Red5-client dependency with my project, it is giving exception ScopeNotFound. Can you please help me to resolve this exception..?

On Aug 7, 2017 9:58 PM, "Anuja Kothekar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Okay.. Means simplest options I can look at are either streamingproxy or red5-pro.
I can not use red5-pro. So only option remaining is streamingproxy.

I have tried working with it but when I add Red5-client dependency with my project, it is giving exception ScopeNotFound. Can you please help me to resolve this exception..?

create new,
call init(),
set host,
set port,