Diploma Final Work

Jacques Pütz-2

Hi,

I’ve just started my Diploma Final Work for my Master of Informatics in Germany.

My Topic is: a Flash Based Audio / Video Jabber Messenger. I read a lot about the Red5 Project.

It’s phantastic, so I choose to develop my audio / video component using RED 5 ;).

I have a Problem with my first application:

package org.red5.server.webapps;

import org.red5.server.adapter.*;

public class jacques extends ApplicationAdapter {

    public int add(int a, int b){

        return (a + b);

    }

}

I took it from the tutorial http://www.joachim-bauch.de/tutorials/red5/HOWTO-NewApplications.txt

I get a strange error about versions :

D:\Red5\webapps\jacques>javac -classpath D:\Red5\lib\red5.jar  jacques.java

jacques.java:4: cannot access org.red5.server.adapter.ApplicationAdapter

bad class file: D:\Red5\lib\red5.jar(org/red5/server/adapter/ApplicationAdapter.

class)

class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0

Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpa

th.

public class jacques extends ApplicationAdapter {

                             ^

1 error

How can I manage that ?

So far

Jacques

Re: Diploma Final Work

Manuel Raña
Hi

Last line:

'class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0'

Could mean you're using a java version other than 1.5 (required for red5
to work)

To get your java version Type on command line:

java -version

Jacques Putz escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I’ve just started my Diploma Final Work for my Master of Informatics
> in Germany.
>
> My Topic is: a Flash Based Audio / Video Jabber Messenger. I read a
> lot about the Red5 Project.
>
> It’s phantastic, so I choose to develop my audio / video component
> using RED 5 ;).
>
> I have a Problem with my first application:
>
> package org.red5.server.webapps;
>
> import org.red5.server.adapter.*;
>
> public class jacques extends ApplicationAdapter {
>
> public int add(int a, int b){
>
> return (a + b);
>
> }
>
> }
>
> I took it from the tutorial
> http://www.joachim-bauch.de/tutorials/red5/HOWTO-NewApplications.txt
>
> I get a strange error about versions :
>
> D:\Red5\webapps\jacques>javac -classpath D:\Red5\lib\red5.jar jacques.java
>
> jacques.java:4: cannot access org.red5.server.adapter.ApplicationAdapter
>
> bad class file:
> D:\Red5\lib\red5.jar(org/red5/server/adapter/ApplicationAdapter.
>
> class)
>
> class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0

Re: Diploma Final Work

Chris Allen
Yeah that's definitely it! I've seen that before when I accidentally
ran Red5 from Java 1.4.