Facing problem in installing red5 on Mac os

12
Nk

Facing problem in installing red5 on Mac os

Nk
I have downloaded red5 but unable to install it on eclipse(Mac OS). although I didn't find any tutorials.please tell does red5 provide support to Mac OS.please help me by providing any tutorials.

Re: Facing problem in installing red5 on Mac os

Welcome to red5 . Please explain the nature of the issue. Red5 is a platform independent and should would well on Mac. I am a windows user so I cant say more about mac.

Nk

Re: Facing problem in installing red5 on Mac os

Nk
hello,

         i am using eclipse for mac and i really find it difficult to install red5 on my system.can u please share any tutorial to install it on my machine

Nk

Re: Facing problem in installing red5 on Mac os

Rajdeep Rath
Here is a guide. Although it is still in making, i am hopeful this will help you out with what you need. https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki
If it does not please do post back here.

Nk

Re: Facing problem in installing red5 on Mac os

Nk
hello sir,
        i have go through your guide but when  i was executing red5-debug.sh,i got certain errors

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/red5/server/Bootstrap
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.red5.server.Bootstrap

i have googled but didn't find any solution to this error.
please go through this & if possible please tell what to do next.

Here is a guide. Although it is still in making, i am hopeful this will help you out with what you need. <a href="https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Frajdeeprath%2Fred5-development-series%2Fwiki\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFax_TlG7dDx0snIsdIKRmpZBYvhg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Frajdeeprath%2Fred5-development-series%2Fwiki\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFax_TlG7dDx0snIsdIKRmpZBYvhg&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 10:29 PM, Nisha Kaushik <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="hGR5mcJ2BQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">neishak...@...> wrote:
yes i am facing troubles in installing red5.i have downloaded all the 3 files from <a href="https://github.com/Red5/red5-server/releases" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FRed5%2Fred5-server%2Freleases\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFwd8js3fa7RnaNjetvTH4nsn8Ung&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FRed5%2Fred5-server%2Freleases\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFwd8js3fa7RnaNjetvTH4nsn8Ung&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/Red5/red5-server/releases but dont getting how to install them on my machine.

[...]

Hello

From where are you trying to run red5-debug.sh file ? Make sure you are inside the red5 server directory when you run the sh file. Its seems from the error log that it is unable to locate class files. In other 'ways it is unable to resolve paths to libraries. I would suggest you to add environment variable entry for 'RED5_HOME'. The value should be the absolute path to your Red5 home directory, where /webapps, /lib etc are located.Once you have set the variable you should try starting red5 again.

Also please mention your system details, such as OS with version, java version.

Nk

Re: Facing problem in installing red5 on Mac os

Nk
hello sir,

my mac(os X EI captain)version 10.11.16, java version "1.6.0_65".i am running it through terminal like you hAVE mentioned in your guide.and i was working inside the server directory while running sh file.

On Wednesday, 28 September 2016 01:23:48 UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
Hello

From where are you trying to run red5-debug.sh file ? Make sure you are inside the red5 server directory when you run the sh file. Its seems from the error log that it is unable to locate class files. In other 'ways it is unable to resolve paths to libraries. I would suggest you to add environment variable entry for 'RED5_HOME'. The value should be the absolute path to your Red5 home directory, where /webapps, /lib etc are located.Once you have set the variable you should try starting red5 again.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 10:11 PM, Nisha Kaushik <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="6oBrybLOBQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">neishak...@...> wrote:

Here is a guide. Although it is still in making, i am hopeful this will help you out with what you need. <a href="https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Frajdeeprath%2Fred5-development-series%2Fwiki\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFax_TlG7dDx0snIsdIKRmpZBYvhg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Frajdeeprath%2Fred5-development-series%2Fwiki\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFax_TlG7dDx0snIsdIKRmpZBYvhg&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki

yes i am facing troubles in installing red5.i have downloaded all the 3 files from <a href="https://github.com/Red5/red5-server/releases" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FRed5%2Fred5-server%2Freleases\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFwd8js3fa7RnaNjetvTH4nsn8Ung&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FRed5%2Fred5-server%2Freleases\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFwd8js3fa7RnaNjetvTH4nsn8Ung&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/Red5/red5-server/releases but dont getting how to install them on my machine.

Nk

Re: Facing problem in installing red5 on Mac os

Nk
hello sir,
           i am facing this error,now i have set the environment java_home and my java version is also 1.8
error is Error: Could not find or load main class org.red5.server.Bootstrap
now what to do..please help.

On Wednesday, 28 September 2016 12:41:42 UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
Ok the first think I see out of line is the java version. As mentioned in the instruction you need to have java 1.7 or greater. <a href="https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki/Obtaining-Red5-media-server#red5-essential-checklist" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Frajdeeprath%2Fred5-development-series%2Fwiki%2FObtaining-Red5-media-server%23red5-essential-checklist\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNH-W8Txlzz067OfD2n_b1rUgl1hEA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Frajdeeprath%2Fred5-development-series%2Fwiki%2FObtaining-Red5-media-server%23red5-essential-checklist\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNH-W8Txlzz067OfD2n_b1rUgl1hEA&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki/Obtaining-Red5-media-server#red5-essential-checklist

On Wednesday, September 28, 2016, Nk <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="6dqo_LDzBQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">neishak...@...> wrote:
hello sir,

my mac(os X EI captain)version 10.11.16, java version "1.6.0_65".i am running it through terminal like you hAVE mentioned in your guide.and i was working inside the server directory while running sh file.

On Wednesday, 28 September 2016 01:23:48 UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
Hello

From where are you trying to run red5-debug.sh file ? Make sure you are inside the red5 server directory when you run the sh file. Its seems from the error log that it is unable to locate class files. In other 'ways it is unable to resolve paths to libraries. I would suggest you to add environment variable entry for 'RED5_HOME'. The value should be the absolute path to your Red5 home directory, where /webapps, /lib etc are located.Once you have set the variable you should try starting red5 again.

[...]

Hello sorry to hear you are unable to setup things.

Make sure you have setup JAVA_HOME properly

2. Make sure you removed the old java installation

Perhaps someone else can help you better who has more experience I mac

On Friday, September 30, 2016, Nk <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

From where are you trying to run red5-debug.sh file ? Make sure you are inside the red5 server directory when you run the sh file. Its seems from the error log that it is unable to locate class files. In other 'ways it is unable to resolve paths to libraries. I would suggest you to add environment variable entry for 'RED5_HOME'. The value should be the absolute path to your Red5 home directory, where /webapps, /lib etc are located.Once you have set the variable you should try starting red5 again.

[...]

Here is another link that may help
http://nusofthq.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2652-installing-red5-on-mac-os-x-server-1010-yosemite/

On Friday, September 30, 2016, Nk <<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;neishakaushik24@gmail.com&#39;);" target="_blank">neishakaushik24@...> wrote:
[...]

From where are you trying to run red5-debug.sh file ? Make sure you are inside the red5 server directory when you run the sh file. Its seems from the error log that it is unable to locate class files. In other 'ways it is unable to resolve paths to libraries. I would suggest you to add environment variable entry for 'RED5_HOME'. The value should be the absolute path to your Red5 home directory, where /webapps, /lib etc are located.Once you have set the variable you should try starting red5 again.

Nk

Re: Facing problem in installing red5 on Mac os

Nk
Hello sir,

            after facing so many issues i have uninstall red5(milestone 12) and downloaded red5(milestone 11).after running it through the terminal from 15min only 1 msg it is showing i.e [INFO] [pool-4-thread-1] org.red5.server.tomcat.WarDeployer - Deploy wars with app start

now what to do next

On Friday, September 30, 2016, Rajdeep Rath <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="-WtAdNayBgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">rajde...@...> wrote:

1. Check this <a href="https://www.mkyong.com/java/how-to-set-java_home-environment-variable-on-mac-os-x/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.mkyong.com%2Fjava%2Fhow-to-set-java_home-environment-variable-on-mac-os-x%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHe8nvGaFCfkI-IT2_09u10ZzSo1Q&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.mkyong.com%2Fjava%2Fhow-to-set-java_home-environment-variable-on-mac-os-x%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHe8nvGaFCfkI-IT2_09u10ZzSo1Q&#39;;return true;">https://www.mkyong.com/java/how-to-set-java_home-environment-variable-on-mac-os-x/

Ok the first think I see out of line is the java version. As mentioned in the instruction you need to have java 1.7 or greater. <a href="https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki/Obtaining-Red5-media-server#red5-essential-checklist" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Frajdeeprath%2Fred5-development-series%2Fwiki%2FObtaining-Red5-media-server%23red5-essential-checklist\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNH-W8Txlzz067OfD2n_b1rUgl1hEA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Frajdeeprath%2Fred5-development-series%2Fwiki%2FObtaining-Red5-media-server%23red5-essential-checklist\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNH-W8Txlzz067OfD2n_b1rUgl1hEA&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki/Obtaining-Red5-media-server#red5-essential-checklist

On Wednesday, September 28, 2016, Nk <[hidden email]> wrote:
hello sir,

my mac(os X EI captain)version 10.11.16, java version "1.6.0_65".i am running it through terminal like you hAVE mentioned in your guide.and i was working inside the server directory while running sh file.

On Wednesday, 28 September 2016 01:23:48 UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
Hello

From where are you trying to run red5-debug.sh file ? Make sure you are inside the red5 server directory when you run the sh file. Its seems from the error log that it is unable to locate class files. In other 'ways it is unable to resolve paths to libraries. I would suggest you to add environment variable entry for 'RED5_HOME'. The value should be the absolute path to your Red5 home directory, where /webapps, /lib etc are located.Once you have set the variable you should try starting red5 again.

[...]

Once you have installed the stable release and don't get any issues, you are ready to start using it.

That log message is just red5's auto war deployed periodically looking for new war packaged applications. That's all.

What do you want to do with red5 ?

On Oct 3, 2016 3:16 PM, "Rajdeep Rath" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

From where are you trying to run red5-debug.sh file ? Make sure you are inside the red5 server directory when you run the sh file. Its seems from the error log that it is unable to locate class files. In other 'ways it is unable to resolve paths to libraries. I would suggest you to add environment variable entry for 'RED5_HOME'. The value should be the absolute path to your Red5 home directory, where /webapps, /lib etc are located.Once you have set the variable you should try starting red5 again.

Nk

Re: Facing problem in installing red5 on Mac os

Nk
hello.are you advising me to download red5 1.0.7 version?
sir i want to do educational vedio streaming through red5..
any suggestion?how i can be able to achieve this task..

On Oct 3, 2016 3:16 PM, "Rajdeep Rath" <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="vBXr3X6FBwAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">rajde...@...> wrote:

On Oct 3, 2016 12:54 PM, "Nk" <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="vBXr3X6FBwAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">neishak...@...> wrote:

1. Check this <a href="https://www.mkyong.com/java/how-to-set-java_home-environment-variable-on-mac-os-x/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.mkyong.com%2Fjava%2Fhow-to-set-java_home-environment-variable-on-mac-os-x%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHe8nvGaFCfkI-IT2_09u10ZzSo1Q&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.mkyong.com%2Fjava%2Fhow-to-set-java_home-environment-variable-on-mac-os-x%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHe8nvGaFCfkI-IT2_09u10ZzSo1Q&#39;;return true;">https://www.mkyong.com/java/how-to-set-java_home-environment-variable-on-mac-os-x/
[...]

From where are you trying to run red5-debug.sh file ? Make sure you are inside the red5 server directory when you run the sh file. Its seems from the error log that it is unable to locate class files. In other 'ways it is unable to resolve paths to libraries. I would suggest you to add environment variable entry for 'RED5_HOME'. The value should be the absolute path to your Red5 home directory, where /webapps, /lib etc are located.Once you have set the variable you should try starting red5 again.

[...]

Yes please, I would prefer using 1.0.7, but it's fine if you have a newer version working dor you.

Also what do you mean by educational video streaming ? . It will be good if you can explain in details on what you are looking to do.

On Oct 5, 2016 1:18 PM, "Nk" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

From where are you trying to run red5-debug.sh file ? Make sure you are inside the red5 server directory when you run the sh file. Its seems from the error log that it is unable to locate class files. In other 'ways it is unable to resolve paths to libraries. I would suggest you to add environment variable entry for 'RED5_HOME'. The value should be the absolute path to your Red5 home directory, where /webapps, /lib etc are located.Once you have set the variable you should try starting red5 again.

Nk

Re: Facing problem in installing red5 on Mac os

Nk

hello sir,

             this is my research project in which first i have to streamline live vedio through red5 server.

12