Getting started with RED5

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Getting started with RED5

ak_001
Hello everyone!
I am newbie to red5. As all of you know there is very less documentation is available on red5 and most of documentation is outdated. 
Please help me to find the correct direction towards creating first server and client application. 

For starting I have tried using eclipse plugins but as it is taking wrong path for application generation, I could not reach anywhere.
I don't want to directly install binaries using installer. I want to build it in eclipse and use it. 
Then I tried to build Server using source code which was all together same story. 
I am totally clueless now where to head.
For environment, I am using Eclipse Mars IDE on Windows 64 bit OS.  
Thanks!

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting started with RED5

Rajdeep Rath
Hello Anuja,

Welcome to red5!!

I can link you to some useful information that will help you get stared with building a red5 app, but I would first like to know what is your goal is?. What are trying to get done? In many case s if you are just trying to get simple streaming to work for you or simple video on demand then you may not even need to make your own app. Red5 offers applications for these use cases that work out of the box for you.

You can also take a look here for Moreno information:

Regards
Rajdeep Rath


On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 at 12:15 PM, Anuja Kothekar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone!
I am newbie to red5. As all of you know there is very less documentation is available on red5 and most of documentation is outdated. 
Please help me to find the correct direction towards creating first server and client application. 

For starting I have tried using eclipse plugins but as it is taking wrong path for application generation, I could not reach anywhere.
I don't want to directly install binaries using installer. I want to build it in eclipse and use it. 
Then I tried to build Server using source code which was all together same story. 
I am totally clueless now where to head.
For environment, I am using Eclipse Mars IDE on Windows 64 bit OS.  
Thanks!

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting started with RED5

ak_001
Hi Rajdeep,
Thanks for fast response!  
Basically you can say I want to create a video call kind of application where from one side a video will be recorded and that will stream to another side. 

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 12:23:31 PM UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
Hello Anuja,

Welcome to red5!!

I can link you to some useful information that will help you get stared with building a red5 app, but I would first like to know what is your goal is?. What are trying to get done? In many case s if you are just trying to get simple streaming to work for you or simple video on demand then you may not even need to make your own app. Red5 offers applications for these use cases that work out of the box for you.

You can also take a look here for Moreno information:
<a href="https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Frajdeeprath%2Fred5-development-series%2Fwiki\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFax_TlG7dDx0snIsdIKRmpZBYvhg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Frajdeeprath%2Fred5-development-series%2Fwiki\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFax_TlG7dDx0snIsdIKRmpZBYvhg&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki

Regards
Rajdeep Rath


On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 at 12:15 PM, Anuja Kothekar <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="wHNOn7xvAAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">anuja.k...@...> wrote:
Hello everyone!
I am newbie to red5. As all of you know there is very less documentation is available on red5 and most of documentation is outdated. 
Please help me to find the correct direction towards creating first server and client application. 

For starting I have tried using eclipse plugins but as it is taking wrong path for application generation, I could not reach anywhere.
I don't want to directly install binaries using installer. I want to build it in eclipse and use it. 
Then I tried to build Server using source code which was all together same story. 
I am totally clueless now where to head.
For environment, I am using Eclipse Mars IDE on Windows 64 bit OS.  
Thanks!

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="wHNOn7xvAAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">red5interest...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting started with RED5

Rajdeep Rath
Hi

By video call do you mean real-time two way communication ?

What do you mean by "video is recorded from one and played by another" ?

1. Are you looking for a system where one person records (store ) the video and then others can watch it later ?

2. Are you looking to make a system with two way video chat with recording ?


I believe you can do both these without making your own application. To record a video on red5 publish to the live app in "record" publish mode from a flash / air client.
 
To subscribe to the recorded file  later use the rtmp URL along with media name - extension. For playback you can use any standard player out there.

Important things to know is :

1. You don't need to build red5 in eclipse to make a app 

2. You need to make a app if you have custom logic to go into your streaming application.

3. You can do streaming , recording etc on red5 using the default applications provided with red5. You don't need to make app for it.

4. Always use a stable release from GitHub. Don't use milestone releases.

5. Red5 open source supports rtmp protocol only. So you need to stick to flash or adobe air.




On Apr 5, 2017 12:41 PM, "Anuja Kothekar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Rajdeep,
Thanks for fast response!  
Basically you can say I want to create a video call kind of application where from one side a video will be recorded and that will stream to another side. 

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 12:23:31 PM UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
Hello Anuja,

Welcome to red5!!

I can link you to some useful information that will help you get stared with building a red5 app, but I would first like to know what is your goal is?. What are trying to get done? In many case s if you are just trying to get simple streaming to work for you or simple video on demand then you may not even need to make your own app. Red5 offers applications for these use cases that work out of the box for you.

You can also take a look here for Moreno information:

Regards
Rajdeep Rath


On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 at 12:15 PM, Anuja Kothekar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone!
I am newbie to red5. As all of you know there is very less documentation is available on red5 and most of documentation is outdated. 
Please help me to find the correct direction towards creating first server and client application. 

For starting I have tried using eclipse plugins but as it is taking wrong path for application generation, I could not reach anywhere.
I don't want to directly install binaries using installer. I want to build it in eclipse and use it. 
Then I tried to build Server using source code which was all together same story. 
I am totally clueless now where to head.
For environment, I am using Eclipse Mars IDE on Windows 64 bit OS.  
Thanks!

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to red5interest...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting started with RED5

ak_001
By video call i mean two way communication

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 12:53:41 PM UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
Hi

By video call do you mean real-time two way communication ?

What do you mean by "video is recorded from one and played by another" ?

1. Are you looking for a system where one person records (store ) the video and then others can watch it later ?

2. Are you looking to make a system with two way video chat with recording ?


I believe you can do both these without making your own application. To record a video on red5 publish to the live app in "record" publish mode from a flash / air client.
 
To subscribe to the recorded file  later use the rtmp URL along with media name - extension. For playback you can use any standard player out there.

Important things to know is :

1. You don't need to build red5 in eclipse to make a app 

2. You need to make a app if you have custom logic to go into your streaming application.

3. You can do streaming , recording etc on red5 using the default applications provided with red5. You don't need to make app for it.

4. Always use a stable release from GitHub. Don't use milestone releases.

5. Red5 open source supports rtmp protocol only. So you need to stick to flash or adobe air.




On Apr 5, 2017 12:41 PM, "Anuja Kothekar" <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="KijD7GFxAAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">anuja.k...@...> wrote:
Hi Rajdeep,
Thanks for fast response!  
Basically you can say I want to create a video call kind of application where from one side a video will be recorded and that will stream to another side. 

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 12:23:31 PM UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
Hello Anuja,

Welcome to red5!!

I can link you to some useful information that will help you get stared with building a red5 app, but I would first like to know what is your goal is?. What are trying to get done? In many case s if you are just trying to get simple streaming to work for you or simple video on demand then you may not even need to make your own app. Red5 offers applications for these use cases that work out of the box for you.

You can also take a look here for Moreno information:
<a href="https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Frajdeeprath%2Fred5-development-series%2Fwiki\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFax_TlG7dDx0snIsdIKRmpZBYvhg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Frajdeeprath%2Fred5-development-series%2Fwiki\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFax_TlG7dDx0snIsdIKRmpZBYvhg&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki

Regards
Rajdeep Rath


On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 at 12:15 PM, Anuja Kothekar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone!
I am newbie to red5. As all of you know there is very less documentation is available on red5 and most of documentation is outdated. 
Please help me to find the correct direction towards creating first server and client application. 

For starting I have tried using eclipse plugins but as it is taking wrong path for application generation, I could not reach anywhere.
I don't want to directly install binaries using installer. I want to build it in eclipse and use it. 
Then I tried to build Server using source code which was all together same story. 
I am totally clueless now where to head.
For environment, I am using Eclipse Mars IDE on Windows 64 bit OS.  
Thanks!

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to red5interest...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="KijD7GFxAAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">red5interest...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting started with RED5

ak_001
In reply to this post by Rajdeep Rath
By video call I mean real time two way communication 
On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 12:53:41 PM UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
Hi

By video call do you mean real-time two way communication ?

What do you mean by "video is recorded from one and played by another" ?

1. Are you looking for a system where one person records (store ) the video and then others can watch it later ?

2. Are you looking to make a system with two way video chat with recording ?


I believe you can do both these without making your own application. To record a video on red5 publish to the live app in "record" publish mode from a flash / air client.
 
To subscribe to the recorded file  later use the rtmp URL along with media name - extension. For playback you can use any standard player out there.

Important things to know is :

1. You don't need to build red5 in eclipse to make a app 

2. You need to make a app if you have custom logic to go into your streaming application.

3. You can do streaming , recording etc on red5 using the default applications provided with red5. You don't need to make app for it.

4. Always use a stable release from GitHub. Don't use milestone releases.

5. Red5 open source supports rtmp protocol only. So you need to stick to flash or adobe air.




On Apr 5, 2017 12:41 PM, "Anuja Kothekar" <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="KijD7GFxAAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">anuja.k...@...> wrote:
Hi Rajdeep,
Thanks for fast response!  
Basically you can say I want to create a video call kind of application where from one side a video will be recorded and that will stream to another side. 

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 12:23:31 PM UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
Hello Anuja,

Welcome to red5!!

I can link you to some useful information that will help you get stared with building a red5 app, but I would first like to know what is your goal is?. What are trying to get done? In many case s if you are just trying to get simple streaming to work for you or simple video on demand then you may not even need to make your own app. Red5 offers applications for these use cases that work out of the box for you.

You can also take a look here for Moreno information:
<a href="https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Frajdeeprath%2Fred5-development-series%2Fwiki\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFax_TlG7dDx0snIsdIKRmpZBYvhg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Frajdeeprath%2Fred5-development-series%2Fwiki\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFax_TlG7dDx0snIsdIKRmpZBYvhg&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki

Regards
Rajdeep Rath


On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 at 12:15 PM, Anuja Kothekar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone!
I am newbie to red5. As all of you know there is very less documentation is available on red5 and most of documentation is outdated. 
Please help me to find the correct direction towards creating first server and client application. 

For starting I have tried using eclipse plugins but as it is taking wrong path for application generation, I could not reach anywhere.
I don't want to directly install binaries using installer. I want to build it in eclipse and use it. 
Then I tried to build Server using source code which was all together same story. 
I am totally clueless now where to head.
For environment, I am using Eclipse Mars IDE on Windows 64 bit OS.  
Thanks!

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to red5interest...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="KijD7GFxAAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">red5interest...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting started with RED5

Rajdeep Rath
In reply to this post by ak_001
Ok so I presume by record you just meant capturing the camera and broadcasting it to the other party​? 

You can do this using the default app - "live". Follow the GitHub link to see how you connect to rtmp application. For the rest you will find two way chat examples on the web. You can also explore  the publisher flash app that ships with red5. After you run red5, you can find the app at http://localhost:5080/demos/publisher.html

Just change the app name to live from oflademo and try it out. You can open it in two different computers or two browsers on see computer and try out publish subscribe.

Good luck

On Apr 5, 2017 1:16 PM, "Anuja Kothekar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
By video call i mean two way communication

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 12:53:41 PM UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
Hi

By video call do you mean real-time two way communication ?

What do you mean by "video is recorded from one and played by another" ?

1. Are you looking for a system where one person records (store ) the video and then others can watch it later ?

2. Are you looking to make a system with two way video chat with recording ?


I believe you can do both these without making your own application. To record a video on red5 publish to the live app in "record" publish mode from a flash / air client.
 
To subscribe to the recorded file  later use the rtmp URL along with media name - extension. For playback you can use any standard player out there.

Important things to know is :

1. You don't need to build red5 in eclipse to make a app 

2. You need to make a app if you have custom logic to go into your streaming application.

3. You can do streaming , recording etc on red5 using the default applications provided with red5. You don't need to make app for it.

4. Always use a stable release from GitHub. Don't use milestone releases.

5. Red5 open source supports rtmp protocol only. So you need to stick to flash or adobe air.




On Apr 5, 2017 12:41 PM, "Anuja Kothekar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Rajdeep,
Thanks for fast response!  
Basically you can say I want to create a video call kind of application where from one side a video will be recorded and that will stream to another side. 

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 12:23:31 PM UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
Hello Anuja,

Welcome to red5!!

I can link you to some useful information that will help you get stared with building a red5 app, but I would first like to know what is your goal is?. What are trying to get done? In many case s if you are just trying to get simple streaming to work for you or simple video on demand then you may not even need to make your own app. Red5 offers applications for these use cases that work out of the box for you.

You can also take a look here for Moreno information:

Regards
Rajdeep Rath


On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 at 12:15 PM, Anuja Kothekar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone!
I am newbie to red5. As all of you know there is very less documentation is available on red5 and most of documentation is outdated. 
Please help me to find the correct direction towards creating first server and client application. 

For starting I have tried using eclipse plugins but as it is taking wrong path for application generation, I could not reach anywhere.
I don't want to directly install binaries using installer. I want to build it in eclipse and use it. 
Then I tried to build Server using source code which was all together same story. 
I am totally clueless now where to head.
For environment, I am using Eclipse Mars IDE on Windows 64 bit OS.  
Thanks!

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email]om.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to red5interest...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting started with RED5

ak_001
Thank you so much.. This was indeed a great help. I will follow as you say. 

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 1:21:50 PM UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
Ok so I presume by record you just meant capturing the camera and broadcasting it to the other party​? 

You can do this using the default app - "live". Follow the GitHub link to see how you connect to rtmp application. For the rest you will find two way chat examples on the web. You can also explore  the publisher flash app that ships with red5. After you run red5, you can find the app at <a href="http://localhost:5080/demos/publisher.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A5080%2Fdemos%2Fpublisher.html\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFsaDlisu9wdoyLAI7fxI99F0BC4w&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A5080%2Fdemos%2Fpublisher.html\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFsaDlisu9wdoyLAI7fxI99F0BC4w&#39;;return true;">http://localhost:5080/demos/publisher.html

Just change the app name to live from oflademo and try it out. You can open it in two different computers or two browsers on see computer and try out publish subscribe.

Good luck

On Apr 5, 2017 1:16 PM, "Anuja Kothekar" <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="0DmOPutyAAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">anuja.k...@...> wrote:
By video call i mean two way communication

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 12:53:41 PM UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
Hi

By video call do you mean real-time two way communication ?

What do you mean by "video is recorded from one and played by another" ?

1. Are you looking for a system where one person records (store ) the video and then others can watch it later ?

2. Are you looking to make a system with two way video chat with recording ?


I believe you can do both these without making your own application. To record a video on red5 publish to the live app in "record" publish mode from a flash / air client.
 
To subscribe to the recorded file  later use the rtmp URL along with media name - extension. For playback you can use any standard player out there.

Important things to know is :

1. You don't need to build red5 in eclipse to make a app 

2. You need to make a app if you have custom logic to go into your streaming application.

3. You can do streaming , recording etc on red5 using the default applications provided with red5. You don't need to make app for it.

4. Always use a stable release from GitHub. Don't use milestone releases.

5. Red5 open source supports rtmp protocol only. So you need to stick to flash or adobe air.




On Apr 5, 2017 12:41 PM, "Anuja Kothekar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Rajdeep,
Thanks for fast response!  
Basically you can say I want to create a video call kind of application where from one side a video will be recorded and that will stream to another side. 

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 12:23:31 PM UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
Hello Anuja,

Welcome to red5!!

I can link you to some useful information that will help you get stared with building a red5 app, but I would first like to know what is your goal is?. What are trying to get done? In many case s if you are just trying to get simple streaming to work for you or simple video on demand then you may not even need to make your own app. Red5 offers applications for these use cases that work out of the box for you.

You can also take a look here for Moreno information:
<a href="https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Frajdeeprath%2Fred5-development-series%2Fwiki\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFax_TlG7dDx0snIsdIKRmpZBYvhg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Frajdeeprath%2Fred5-development-series%2Fwiki\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFax_TlG7dDx0snIsdIKRmpZBYvhg&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki

Regards
Rajdeep Rath


On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 at 12:15 PM, Anuja Kothekar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone!
I am newbie to red5. As all of you know there is very less documentation is available on red5 and most of documentation is outdated. 
Please help me to find the correct direction towards creating first server and client application. 

For starting I have tried using eclipse plugins but as it is taking wrong path for application generation, I could not reach anywhere.
I don't want to directly install binaries using installer. I want to build it in eclipse and use it. 
Then I tried to build Server using source code which was all together same story. 
I am totally clueless now where to head.
For environment, I am using Eclipse Mars IDE on Windows 64 bit OS.  
Thanks!

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to red5interest...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to red5interest...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="0DmOPutyAAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">red5interest...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting started with RED5

Rajdeep Rath
You are welcome.

Regards
Rajdeep Rath

On Apr 6, 2017 10:25 AM, "Anuja Kothekar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you so much.. This was indeed a great help. I will follow as you say. 

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 1:21:50 PM UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
Ok so I presume by record you just meant capturing the camera and broadcasting it to the other party​? 

You can do this using the default app - "live". Follow the GitHub link to see how you connect to rtmp application. For the rest you will find two way chat examples on the web. You can also explore  the publisher flash app that ships with red5. After you run red5, you can find the app at http://localhost:5080/demos/publisher.html

Just change the app name to live from oflademo and try it out. You can open it in two different computers or two browsers on see computer and try out publish subscribe.

Good luck

On Apr 5, 2017 1:16 PM, "Anuja Kothekar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
By video call i mean two way communication

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 12:53:41 PM UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
Hi

By video call do you mean real-time two way communication ?

What do you mean by "video is recorded from one and played by another" ?

1. Are you looking for a system where one person records (store ) the video and then others can watch it later ?

2. Are you looking to make a system with two way video chat with recording ?


I believe you can do both these without making your own application. To record a video on red5 publish to the live app in "record" publish mode from a flash / air client.
 
To subscribe to the recorded file  later use the rtmp URL along with media name - extension. For playback you can use any standard player out there.

Important things to know is :

1. You don't need to build red5 in eclipse to make a app 

2. You need to make a app if you have custom logic to go into your streaming application.

3. You can do streaming , recording etc on red5 using the default applications provided with red5. You don't need to make app for it.

4. Always use a stable release from GitHub. Don't use milestone releases.

5. Red5 open source supports rtmp protocol only. So you need to stick to flash or adobe air.




On Apr 5, 2017 12:41 PM, "Anuja Kothekar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Rajdeep,
Thanks for fast response!  
Basically you can say I want to create a video call kind of application where from one side a video will be recorded and that will stream to another side. 

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 12:23:31 PM UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
Hello Anuja,

Welcome to red5!!

I can link you to some useful information that will help you get stared with building a red5 app, but I would first like to know what is your goal is?. What are trying to get done? In many case s if you are just trying to get simple streaming to work for you or simple video on demand then you may not even need to make your own app. Red5 offers applications for these use cases that work out of the box for you.

You can also take a look here for Moreno information:

Regards
Rajdeep Rath


On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 at 12:15 PM, Anuja Kothekar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone!
I am newbie to red5. As all of you know there is very less documentation is available on red5 and most of documentation is outdated. 
Please help me to find the correct direction towards creating first server and client application. 

For starting I have tried using eclipse plugins but as it is taking wrong path for application generation, I could not reach anywhere.
I don't want to directly install binaries using installer. I want to build it in eclipse and use it. 
Then I tried to build Server using source code which was all together same story. 
I am totally clueless now where to head.
For environment, I am using Eclipse Mars IDE on Windows 64 bit OS.  
Thanks!

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email]om.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email]om.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to red5interest...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting started with RED5

Arvind Handa
In reply to this post by Rajdeep Rath
Hi sir
           i am new to Red5 and i want to learn it completely so please anyone send the document  and idea about how to learn red5 server to my mail-id([hidden email]) or please help here in reply.

 
 I want to achive following thing by lerning Red5 
1) record video and audio from android app and at the same time it's also access from any number of receiver(like brodcast and receving)
2) Like instagram live video featcher

can  i achieve this using red5 or not please help me about whether i am in right way or wrong way

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting started with RED5

Rajdeep Rath
Hi welcome to red5!

Please make sure you always start your own thread post.😃. That way it will be easier for you find the post when you Google for it.

Go through this link to know more about red5.

Regards
Rajdeep Rath


On Apr 25, 2017 1:45 PM, "Arvind Handa" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi sir
           i am new to Red5 and i want to learn it completely so please anyone send the document  and idea about how to learn red5 server to my mail-id(arvind.handa123@gmail.com) or please help here in reply.

 
 I want to achive following thing by lerning Red5 
1) record video and audio from android app and at the same time it's also access from any number of receiver(like brodcast and receving)
2) Like instagram live video featcher

can  i achieve this using red5 or not please help me about whether i am in right way or wrong way

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting started with RED5

Arvind Handa


Thank you so much sir for your soon reply. i have installed windows red5 server .exe file and it work completelly when i write http://localhost:5080  and its shows me red5 default welcome screen. but what is next and how i can achive my goal as i mention in my first post which is as bellow.

1) Live video and audio recorded from any mobile device and on the other side its can also be access publicly from other receiver.like (LIVE BRODCAST and RECEIVING Functionality)


Can i achieve this using red5 opensource. 
 

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting started with RED5

Rajdeep Rath
Go through the link I mentioned.

On Apr 25, 2017 2:52 PM, "Arvind Handa" <[hidden email]> wrote:


Thank you so much sir for your soon reply. i have installed windows red5 server .exe file and it work completelly when i write http://localhost:5080  and its shows me red5 default welcome screen. but what is next and how i can achive my goal as i mention in my first post which is as bellow.

1) Live video and audio recorded from any mobile device and on the other side its can also be access publicly from other receiver.like (LIVE BRODCAST and RECEIVING Functionality)


Can i achieve this using red5 opensource. 
 

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting started with RED5

Arvind Handa
Ok sir 

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting started with RED5

Arvind Handa
which way is most preferable for installing red5 in windows using .exe file or any other way?

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting started with RED5

Rajdeep Rath
The preferred way and recommended way is to unzip the red5 server archive and run red5-debug.bat  for dev and red5.bat for production.

Running red5 is like running tomcat on windows using a zip package. The only thing to install is the latest java.



On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 at 12:08 PM, Arvind Handa <[hidden email]> wrote:
which way is most preferable for installing red5 in windows using .exe file or any other way?

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.