H264 Shoutcast jar and app now available.

12

H264 Shoutcast jar and app now available.

Andy Shaules-2
Hey guys, as mentioned here is the shoutcast h264 jar and an easy to
use application to help get started.

http://www.thebitstream.com/?p=139

Source code to the jar not being released at this time. The jar will
also allow delivery to silverlight which I'll document soon.

Enjoy!

Andy

Re: H264 Shoutcast jar and app now available.

Manuel Raña
Congrats Andy, interesting stuff!!!

Which Red5 rev are you using?

Trunk throws this error:

Exception in thread "Thread-7" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.red5.server.net.rtmp.message.Header.setTimerRelative(Z)V
        at org.red5.server.plugin.shoutcast.marshal.transpose.AudioFramer.readFrameMp3(AudioFramer.java:281)
        at org.red5.server.plugin.shoutcast.marshal.transpose.AudioFramer.onMP3Data(AudioFramer.java:218)
        at org.red5.server.plugin.shoutcast.marshal.ICYMarshal.onAudioData(ICYMarshal.java:139)
        at org.red5.server.plugin.shoutcast.parser.NSVSenderThread.execute(NSVSenderThread.java:38)
        at org.red5.server.plugin.shoutcast.parser.NSVThread.execute(NSVThread.java:416)
        at org.red5.server.plugin.shoutcast.stream.NSVConsumer.process(NSVConsumer.java:119)
        at org.red5.server.plugin.shoutcast.stream.NSVConsumer.run(NSVConsumer.java:104)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Andy

Re: H264 Shoutcast jar and app now available.

Andy Shaules-2

Ha, better update the ref jar! oops

Andy

Re: H264 Shoutcast jar and app now available.

Andy Shaules-2
It should be working with anything pre-xuggler time fix. Somewhere's about
r3895

Might be a day or two be for all the resiliancy tests to be rectified. All
related to the reset of the stream time and the new frame dropping
mechanism.

Andy

Re: H264 Shoutcast jar and app now available.

Manuel Raña
Hi Andy,

it worked for me with Red5 rev3894 with a VP6.2 and MP3
Video is upside down but it's working!!
Can you post what is your x264 NSVCP encoder config?

Thanks

----- Original Message ----- From: Manuel Raña

Andy

Re: H264 Shoutcast jar and app now available.

Andy Shaules-2

Hey,

You need both x264 encoder runtime and the nsv coder_dll cartridge. Also you may need up to the maximum number of seconds between key frames to get a picture. As far as I can tell, it does not matter to send the config and IDR if you dont also send every nal afterwards. at least with red5 and my jar that is. Once you get nals in decoding sequence after the key with the config sent you can begin to see images.

Im using a couple different versions.

one machine has : libx264 core 68 r 1195bm 5d75a9b

Also using these:

with this encoder runtime.

Another great site is scvi.net

When you install the ffmepeg/ffdhow you must include the VFW interface.

ffmpeg changed something a couple years back that made it stop working with the dll's but there are also newer dll's to handle the changes.

The easiest way to determine if you have a working pair is to broadcast to shoutcastDNAS, and watch it in winamp. Of course that requires the decoder_dll to be in the winamp plugin folder. If you can see your stream in winamp then you should be good to go.

I have used all of the single pass settings, bitrate, quantizer, and ratefinder with great results. I think bit rate bassed is the least desireable because it drops frames hard at the limit.

Andy

Re: H264 Shoutcast jar and app now available.

Manuel Raña
Hi,

I've been using NSVCap with the x264 encoder installed from the first and second links you posted and been able to get the stream with VLC through shoutcast.
I will try other settings to see if it works with your app/lib...

Thanks

2009/11/22 Andy Shaules <[hidden email]>
[...]

Well,

I'll post after I have refactored to .9 rc2 since that is the model going forward.

Try rolling back farther than the point of timestamp_fix_merge.

Re: H264 Shoutcast jar and app now available.

Andy Shaules-2

One final suggestion. Make sure the encoder settings is sending four CC 'H264'. Not x264 or 'h264'.

Its on the main page in the vfw box.

Re: H264 Shoutcast jar and app now available.

Manuel Raña
OK, thanks, i had changed to h264 to see if it was that, but finally put it back to H264
I'm trying the defaults right now

2009/11/22 Andy Shaules <[hidden email]>
One final suggestion. Make sure the encoder settings is sending four CC 'H264'. Not x264 or 'h264'.

Its on the main page in the vfw box.

Re: H264 Shoutcast jar and app now available.

Andy Shaules-2

I think the default is up to 20 seconds between key frames. shake the web cam to force more keys, and after you get one, decoding should start.

Re: H264 Shoutcast jar and app now available.

Andy Shaules-2

ONe machine i have has an explicit setting in its dts_x264 lables as  key frame 'min/max', this machine has something called 'max consecutive b frames' which might be it.

I think the default is up to 20 seconds between key frames. shake the web cam to force more keys, and after you get one, decoding should start.

I think the default is up to 20 seconds between key frames. shake the web cam to force more keys, and after you get one, decoding should start.

Re: H264 Shoutcast jar and app now available.

Andy Shaules-2

No, I really cant say why or what is not working for you there. mine says 0.

I did nothing special other than sending H264 fourCC code. I adjusted bitrate and quality but never had trouble to see the stream.

I have had to wait 20 seconds before.

I'm out of ideas for you. Are you sending audio? I think yoyu said you were. Make sure you are sending audio.

2009/11/22 Andy Shaules <[hidden email]>
ONe machine i have has an explicit setting in its dts_x264 lables as  key frame 'min/max', this machine has something called 'max consecutive b frames' which might be it.

I think the default is up to 20 seconds between key frames. shake the web cam to force more keys, and after you get one, decoding should start.

Re: H264 Shoutcast jar and app now available.

Manuel Raña
inline...

2009/11/22 Andy Shaules <[hidden email]>
No, I really cant say why or what is not working for you there. mine says 0.

I will try 0

I did nothing special other than sending H264 fourCC code. I adjusted bitrate and quality but never had trouble to see the stream.

I have had to wait 20 seconds before.

I know it's slow at start.

I'm out of ideas for you. Are you sending audio? I think yoyu said you were. Make sure you are sending audio.

Yes, i'm sending audio, tried MP3, AAC, AACP, but maybe it has something to do with the Red5 rev.
I better will wait till you adapt the app to 0.9RC2

Thank you anyway

2009/11/22 Andy Shaules <[hidden email]>
ONe machine i have has an explicit setting in its dts_x264 lables as  key frame 'min/max', this machine has something called 'max consecutive b frames' which might be it.

I think the default is up to 20 seconds between key frames. shake the web cam to force more keys, and after you get one, decoding should start.

Re: H264 Shoutcast jar and app now available.

Andy Shaules-2
The final thing to check, and it would be highly embaressing for me.

trace out this variable:

Shoutcast.KEEP_NAL_FORAMT

If it is true, then well crap, I really F**ked up. and released it in
silverlight configuration.
If true, the workaround:

Construct the object without the shoutcast wrapper.
ICYMarshal marsh=new ICYMarshal(outputScope,outputName,false);
NSVConsumer nsv=new NSVConsumer(NSVConsumer.SERVER_MODE,marsh);
nsv.setPort(port);
nsv.setPassword(password);
nsv.start();

2009/11/22 Andy Shaules <[hidden email]>

I think the default is up to 20 seconds between key frames. shake the web
cam to force more keys, and after you get one, decoding should start.

Its on the main page in the vfw box.

Re: H264 Shoutcast jar and app now available.

Manuel Raña
D:\software\svn\red5\shoutcast\WEB-INF\src\com\thebitstream\shoutcast\Application.java:57: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable KEEP_NAL_FORMAT
location: class org.red5.server.plugin.Shoutcast
                System.out.println(Shoutcast.KEEP_NAL_FORMAT);

Will try the workaround, but maybe not now...

[...]

I tried your workaround but no dice...
Anyway, javac cant find Shoutcast.KEEP_NAL_FORMAT

Re: H264 Shoutcast jar and app now available.

Andy Shaules-2

I think its fine, I remember now it was private .