How can I use RED5 for streaming?

Can Kırca
  Hello,

I'm starting a new Project that will give online education to blind
users. Unfortunately web based conferansing applications are not
accessible with screen reader. I need an audio streaming platform to
make online session between teacher and  students. My questions are;

1. can I use Red5 for only audio streaming?
2. If yes, how users join the session?
3. If no, do you have any recommendation or solution for that?

Thank you so much,
regards.

Re: How can I use RED5 for streaming?

Rajdeep Rath
Welcome to red5 !!

1. Yes red5 supports audio only streaming.

2. The open source red supports rtmp, do you can develop your application in adobe flash for browser  or Adobe air for desktop.

 If you are also interested in commercial solution,  you can go for red5 pro which will allow you to stream to mobile devices as well.

You can get more info on red5 here :

On Apr 3, 2017 2:20 AM, "Can Kırca" <[hidden email]> wrote:
  Hello,

I'm starting a new Project that will give online education to blind
users. Unfortunately web based conferansing applications are not
accessible with screen reader. I need an audio streaming platform to
make online session between teacher and  students. My questions are;

1. can I use Red5 for only audio streaming?
2. If yes, how users join the session?
3. If no, do you have any recommendation or solution for that?

Thank you so much,
regards.

Re: How can I use RED5 for streaming?

Can Kırca
Hello Rajdeep,

Thanks for your answer!
Is there any solution that already Red5 implemented? I can't developed
Flash based applications.
Or, do we have to use flash based client? Is there an other method to
connect the server?

Thanks.

> Welcome to red5 !!
>
> 1. Yes red5 supports audio only streaming.
>
> 2. The open source red supports rtmp, do you can develop your application
> in adobe flash for browser  or Adobe air for desktop.
>
>  If you are also interested in commercial solution,  you can go for red5
> pro which will allow you to stream to mobile devices as well.
>
> You can get more info on red5 here :
>
> https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki
>

> Regards
> Rajdeep Rath
>

> On Apr 3, 2017 2:20 AM, "Can Kırca" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>   Hello,
>
> I'm starting a new Project that will give online education to blind
> users. Unfortunately web based conferansing applications are not
> accessible with screen reader. I need an audio streaming platform to
> make online session between teacher and  students. My questions are;
>
> 1. can I use Red5 for only audio streaming?
> 2. If yes, how users join the session?
> 3. If no, do you have any recommendation or solution for that?
>
> Thank you so much,
> regards.
>
> --
>
> ---

> ---

Can Kırca

Re: How can I use RED5 for streaming?

Rajdeep Rath
With the open source red5 you can use any rtmp capable encoder to publish stream, but you have to use a flash based app / adobe air app to subscribe to it.

If you don't want to develop an app there are many free / open source players out there.
Or do you not want to use flash at all ?

On Apr 3, 2017 2:38 AM, "Can Kırca" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Rajdeep,

Thanks for your answer!
Is there any solution that already Red5 implemented? I can't developed
Flash based applications.
Or, do we have to use flash based client? Is there an other method to
connect the server?

Thanks.

> Welcome to red5 !!
>
> 1. Yes red5 supports audio only streaming.
>
> 2. The open source red supports rtmp, do you can develop your application
> in adobe flash for browser  or Adobe air for desktop.
>
>  If you are also interested in commercial solution,  you can go for red5
> pro which will allow you to stream to mobile devices as well.
>
> You can get more info on red5 here :
>
> https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki
>

> Regards
> Rajdeep Rath
>

> On Apr 3, 2017 2:20 AM, "Can Kırca" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>   Hello,
>
> I'm starting a new Project that will give online education to blind
> users. Unfortunately web based conferansing applications are not
> accessible with screen reader. I need an audio streaming platform to
> make online session between teacher and  students. My questions are;
>
> 1. can I use Red5 for only audio streaming?
> 2. If yes, how users join the session?
> 3. If no, do you have any recommendation or solution for that?
>
> Thank you so much,
> regards.
>
> --
>
> ---

> ---

Can Kırca

Re: How can I use RED5 for streaming?

Can Kırca
Yes, I don't want to use flash, because it is not accessible with
screen readers.
Thank you.

> With the open source red5 you can use any rtmp capable encoder to publish
> stream, but you have to use a flash based app / adobe air app to subscribe
> to it.
>
> If you don't want to develop an app there are many free / open source
> players out there.
> Or do you not want to use flash at all ?
>
> On Apr 3, 2017 2:38 AM, "Can Kırca" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello Rajdeep,
>>
>> Thanks for your answer!
>> Is there any solution that already Red5 implemented? I can't developed
>> Flash based applications.
>> Or, do we have to use flash based client? Is there an other method to
>> connect the server?
>>
>> Thanks.

>> > Welcome to red5 !!
>> >
>> > 1. Yes red5 supports audio only streaming.
>> >
>> > 2. The open source red supports rtmp, do you can develop your
>> > application
>> > in adobe flash for browser  or Adobe air for desktop.
>> >
>> >  If you are also interested in commercial solution,  you can go for
>> > red5
>> > pro which will allow you to stream to mobile devices as well.
>> >
>> > You can get more info on red5 here :
>> >
>> > https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki
>> >

>> > Regards
>> > Rajdeep Rath
>> >

>> > On Apr 3, 2017 2:20 AM, "Can Kırca" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> >   Hello,
>> >
>> > I'm starting a new Project that will give online education to blind
>> > users. Unfortunately web based conferansing applications are not
>> > accessible with screen reader. I need an audio streaming platform to
>> > make online session between teacher and  students. My questions are;
>> >
>> > 1. can I use Red5 for only audio streaming?
>> > 2. If yes, how users join the session?
>> > 3. If no, do you have any recommendation or solution for that?
>> >
>> > Thank you so much,
>> > regards.
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > ---
>> > an
>> > email to [hidden email].
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > ---
>> > an
>> > email to [hidden email].
>> >

>> --
>> Can Kırca
>>
>> --
>>
>> ---

> ---

Can Kırca

Re: How can I use RED5 for streaming?

Rajdeep Rath
Unfortunately with the open source version  you don't have access to protocols other than rtmp.

Perhaps take a look at this

Can Kırca