How to test Red5 Server

fikri erdoğan
Hi,
We are Red5 for our live streams. We want to test our Red5 Server is there any tool for simulating X numbers of people watching our live stream or any easy way for this kind of testing.
Thanks.

Re: How to test Red5 Server

Rajdeep Rath

What you can do is use rtmp client to create your own test tool.

1. Use rtmp client to connect to a server and subscribe to a existing stream

2. Use Java multi threading capabilities to spawn as many clients as possible without running out of jvm memory.

3. If you are in cloud you can use their dashboard to check load on a server.

4. Run your java test program / tool from a separate standalone server machine. Run it after you have your main broadcast and subscribe setup working. It will connect to your setup as programmed by you. You can collect information via a simple file logging system or even database based logging.

In my view that would be the closest you can get to simulating actually users.

On Nov 3, 2016 4:22 PM, "fikri erdoğan" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
We are Red5 for our live streams. We want to test our Red5 Server is there any tool for simulating X numbers of people watching our live stream or any easy way for this kind of testing.
Thanks.

Re: How to test Red5 Server

fikri erdoğan
Hi,
Thanks for fast reply. Currently we are using different methods to open multiple connections to the  stream in different pc's to simulate 100-200 user. But we always have problems with this so i thought maybe there is a easy way out for this.But it seems it isnt.
By the way i wanna ask 2 more things;
1)what is the best methods to send live stream to Red5 for live streaming.Right now we are using flash for sending our live stream by setting Video mixer output as camera and audio out put as mic.
2)Because we coudnt manage to make stable live stream with the latest versions of Red5 we are using 2 different versions 1.07 for the our VOD archive and 0.8 for our Live stream.
even though we running these two versions in the same server by closing one and opening other we can open stable live streams for 150-200 person in 0.8 version but when we run the 1.07 after the 50 ish person we strarting to get freezes for our stream
and these freezes not from the clients becuase all of the clients freeze the same amount at the same time. and we dont find any solution to this. do you think this is Red5 configuration problem or some other problem.
Our server specs are : 12x2.20 ghz cpu , 12gb ram 150+ mbps
Thanks.

On Nov 3, 2016 4:22 PM, "fikri erdoğan" <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="9-AmrqZFAgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">tomyle...@...> wrote:
Hi,
We are Red5 for our live streams. We want to test our Red5 Server is there any tool for simulating X numbers of people watching our live stream or any easy way for this kind of testing.
Thanks.

Re: How to test Red5 Server

Rajdeep Rath

What I suggested was creating a server side program which creates connections to your broadcasting server. So you wouldn't have to use multiple PCs to simulate. I guess you run flash clients on all those PCs to simulate users.

In a server side technique you would be creating headless users (Not like the headless horseman). That is more efficient and scalable.

1. There is no best way. Use any good flash broadcaster or something like flash media live encoder. I have also used ffmpeg earlier.

2. If you are facing an issue, report it by creating a bug on GitHub with reproducible steps. That's the only way it can be tracked.

Ideally you shouldn't use two versions. It has to work with in version. So report what you see and how it can be verified. Maybe it's a settings or something similar. As new versions are realised it is possible that something got broken. So it's best that community users report issues.

On Nov 3, 2016 5:54 PM, "fikri erdoğan" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Chris Allen
We have the beginnings of a Bees with Machine Guns implementation here that might be helpful.

Chris Allen
CEO and Cofounder
www.red5pro.com