Problems starting red5

Oli-26
  Hi:

   I´m new with red5 server. I have installed using the svn command for download, and then run the ant commands (prepare and dist) to installed. Finally after a lot of work the installation was successful.

 The problem now is that when start the sever using ssh console appears many message, but hang after: "Bootstrap complete" message.

 Also text the server page http://localhost:5080 and nothings cames up.

  I need to solver this, that´s anybody knows what the problem is.

  thanks in advance

  oli

Re: Problems starting red5

Luis Lara-3
after: "Bootstrap complete" message type CONTROL + D and then go to http://yourip:5080

remember that you need to setup your ip in red5.properties file

2009/2/1 Oli <[hidden email]>
  Hi:

   I´m new with red5 server. I have installed using the svn command for download, and then run the ant commands (prepare and dist) to installed. Finally after a lot of work the installation was successful.

 The problem now is that when start the sever using ssh console appears many message, but hang after: "Bootstrap complete" message.

 Also text the server page http://localhost:5080 and nothings cames up.

  I need to solver this, that´s anybody knows what the problem is.

  thanks in advance

  oli

Re: Problems starting red5

Walter Tak
The server does not "hang" ; it's ready for serving files.

You want it to run as a daemon ; see the remarks of other people on this list or ask your unix sysadmin. If you don't know how to run a tool as a daemon you want to call for additional help of an admin or else you'll face problems in the future.

For local installation it is no problem to run Red5 manually since you want to see what is happening anyway.
Actually you will be restarting Red5 a lot when you are developing your own applications for it (that require Red5 to be restarted each time you recompiled your application(class).

Walter

Install Red5 in Linux

Francisco Erlich López

   I install Red5 follow this instruccions http://osflash.org/red5/linux-install and appears be ok. But when i go to http://xxx.my.ip.xxx:5080/demos/port_tester.swf and i change the host to my ip all the port status show FAILED.

   If i open a  browser whit http://xxx.my.ip.xxx:5080/ i see the follow menssage:
"This page is used to test the proper operation of the Red5 server after it has been installed. If you can read this page it means that the Red5 server installed at this site is working properly.
If you want to change this welcome page, modify the file from the default application located at webapps/root/index.html.
Start Here!
And yes, this will be replaced with a "better" video for 0.8 Final
You must install the demo applications before running any demos.
Click here to install demos.
Once you've installed the demos, you can run them from here to demonstrate various features.
Further information about Red5 can be found on the official homepage. Be sure to subscribe the mailing list to get help or to be notified about new versions. You can also use the mailing list to ask questions about Red5."

But if a click on "Click here to install demos" i found a 404 error. Ifi click on "You must install the demo applications before running any demos" i found a 404 too.

What i do wrong?  What can i do? I need to do sth more?

Thanks in advance,
Chancho

Tienes un nuevo Messenger por descubrir. ¡Descárgatelo!

Install Red5 in Linux (more info)

Francisco Erlich López
Hi,

   if it helps when I start RED5 I get the following:

"[root@mail dist]# /etc/init.d/red5 start
Starting Red5 Service Starting Red5
Red5 root: /opt/red5
Configuation root: /opt/red5/conf
Setting default logging context: default
11:22:46.937 [main] INFO  org.red5.server.Bootstrap - Red5 Server 0.8.0-RC2 $Revision: 3484 $ (http://www.osflash.org/red5)
11:22:46.949 [main] INFO  o.s.c.s.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext - Refreshing org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext@169e11: display name [org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext@169e11]; startup date [Mon Feb 02 11:22:46 CST 2009]; root of context hierarchy
11:22:47.043 [main] INFO  o.s.b.f.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader - Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource [red5.xml]
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: IOException parsing XML document from class path resource [red5.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [red5.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:349)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:310)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:143)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:178)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:149)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:212)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:113)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:80)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:123)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:422)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:352)
    at org.red5.server.Bootstrap.launch(Bootstrap.java:203)
    at org.red5.server.Bootstrap.bootStrap(Bootstrap.java:115)
    at org.red5.server.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:56)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [red5.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist
    at org.springframework.core.io.ClassPathResource.getInputStream(ClassPathResource.java:143)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:336)
    ... 17 more
Bootstrap complete"

TIA
chancho

Actualízate, descubre el nuevo Windows Live Messenger. ¡Descárgatelo ya!

Re: Install Red5 in Linux

Art Clarke-2
Hi Francisco,

Can you post the URL that you get the 404 for, and any errors showing up in the log files of your Red5 server.

Thanks,

- Art

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Francisco Erlich López <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

[...]

http://www.xuggle.com/
xu‧ggle (zŭ' gl) v. To freely encode, decode, and experience audio and video.

Use Xuggle to get the power of FFMPEG in Java.

Re: Install Red5 in Linux (more info)

Art Clarke-2
Hi Francisco,

It looks like you're running red5.sh from the directory you checked the source out into.  You should run it from the "dist" directory instead.

- Art

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Francisco Erlich López <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi, Thanks for the response. I change the Red5_Dir to /dist/

The url is http://69.41.185.2:5080/demos/port_tester.swf

And now when i start the Red5 i get the follow:

"[root@mail dist]# /etc/init.d/red5 start
Starting Red5 Service Starting Red5
Red5 root: /opt/red5/dist
Configuation root: /opt/red5/dist/conf
Setting default logging context: default
[INFO] [main] org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext - Refreshing org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext@30e280: display name [org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext@30e280]; startup date [Mon Feb 02 11:40:40 CST 2009]; root of context hierarchy
[INFO] [main] org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext - Bean factory for application context [org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext@30e280]: org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@6f50a8
[INFO] [main] org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer - Loading properties file from class path resource [red5.properties]
[INFO] [main] org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory - Pre-instantiating singletons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@6f50a8: defining beans [placeholderConfig,red5.common,red5.core,context.loader,tomcat.server]; root of factory hierarchy
[INFO] [main] org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext - Refreshing org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext@1c5f743: display name [org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext@1c5f743]; startup date [Mon Feb 02 11:40:40 CST 2009]; root of context hierarchy
[INFO] [main] org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext - Bean factory for application context [org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext@1c5f743]: org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@b5dac4
[INFO] [main] org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer - Loading properties file from class path resource [red5.properties]
[INFO] [main] org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory - Pre-instantiating singletons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@b5dac4: defining beans [placeholderConfig,red5.server,jmxFactory,jmxAgent,serializer,deserializer,statusObjectService,rtmpCodecFactory,remotingCodecFactory,videoCodecFactory,streamableFileFactory,filePersistenceThread,sharedObjectService,streamService,providerService,consumerService,BWControlService,schedulingService,warDeployService,remotingPool,remotingClient,object.cache,keyframe.cache,flv.impl,flvreader.impl,mp3reader.impl,org.springframework.beans.factory.config.MethodInvokingFactoryBean#0,org.springframework.beans.factory.config.MethodInvokingFactoryBean#1,streamExecutor,playlistSubscriberStream,clientBroadcastStream]; root of factory hierarchy
[INFO] [main] org.red5.server.service.WarDeployer - War deployer service created
[INFO] [main] org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext - Refreshing org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext@15d3388: display name [org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext@15d3388]; startup date [Mon Feb 02 11:40:41 CST 2009]; parent: red5.common
[INFO] [main] org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext - Bean factory for application context [org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext@15d3388]: org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@2e323
[INFO] [main] org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer - Loading properties file from class path resource [red5.properties]
[INFO] [main] org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory - Pre-instantiating singletons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@2e323: defining beans [customEditorConfigurer,placeholderConfig,rtmpMinaConnManager,rtmpHandler,rtmpMinaIoHandler,rtmpTransport,rtmpMinaConnection,rtmptConnManager,rtmptHandler,rtmptServlet,rtmptConnection,rtmpt.server,rtmps.server]; parent: org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@b5dac4
[INFO] [main] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPMinaTransport - RTMP Mina Transport Settings
[INFO] [main] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPMinaTransport - IO Threads: 4
[INFO] [main] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPMinaTransport - Event Threads - core: 16, max: 64, queue: 0, keepalive: 60
[INFO] [main] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPMinaTransport - TCP No Delay: true
[INFO] [main] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPMinaTransport - Receive Buffer Size: 65536
[INFO] [main] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPMinaTransport - Send Buffer Size: 271360
[INFO] [main] org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory - Destroying singletons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@2e323: defining beans [customEditorConfigurer,placeholderConfig,rtmpMinaConnManager,rtmpHandler,rtmpMinaIoHandler,rtmpTransport,rtmpMinaConnection,rtmptConnManager,rtmptHandler,rtmptServlet,rtmptConnection,rtmpt.server,rtmps.server]; parent: org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@b5dac4
[INFO] [main] org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory - Destroying singletons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@6f50a8: defining beans [placeholderConfig,red5.common,red5.core,context.loader,tomcat.server]; root of factory hierarchy
[INFO] [main] org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext - Closing red5.common: display name [red5.common]; startup date [Mon Feb 02 11:40:40 CST 2009]; root of context hierarchy
[INFO] [main] org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory - Destroying singletons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@b5dac4: defining beans [placeholderConfig,red5.server,jmxFactory,jmxAgent,serializer,deserializer,statusObjectService,rtmpCodecFactory,remotingCodecFactory,videoCodecFactory,streamableFileFactory,filePersistenceThread,sharedObjectService,streamService,providerService,consumerService,BWControlService,schedulingService,warDeployService,remotingPool,remotingClient,object.cache,keyframe.cache,flv.impl,flvreader.impl,mp3reader.impl,org.springframework.beans.factory.config.MethodInvokingFactoryBean#0,org.springframework.beans.factory.config.MethodInvokingFactoryBean#1,streamExecutor,playlistSubscriberStream,clientBroadcastStream]; root of factory hierarchy
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'red5.core' defined in class path resource [red5.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'rtmpTransport' defined in class path resource [red5-core.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.net.BindException: Address already in use
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:254)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:925)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:835)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:440)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:429)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:728)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:380)
    at org.red5.server.Bootstrap.launch(Bootstrap.java:203)
    at org.red5.server.Bootstrap.bootStrap(Bootstrap.java:115)
    at org.red5.server.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:56)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'rtmpTransport' defined in class path resource [red5-core.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.net.BindException: Address already in use
    at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:115)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:87)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:248)
    ... 21 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'rtmpTransport' defined in class path resource [red5-core.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.net.BindException: Address already in use
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1338)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:473)
[...]
    at org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<init>(FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java:140)
    at org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<init>(FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java:106)
    at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:100)
    ... 23 more
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)
    at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:119)
    at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:59)
    at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketAcceptor.registerNew(SocketAcceptor.java:363)
    at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketAcceptor.access$800(SocketAcceptor.java:55)
    at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketAcceptor$Worker.run(SocketAcceptor.java:222)
    at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:51)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Bootstrap complete
"

But dont woks :(

Do you know why cant work?

TIA
Francisco

Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 09:32:16 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Red5] Install Red5 in Linux (more info)

[...]

El doble de diversión: Con Windows Live Messenger comparte fotos mientras hablas.

Re: Install Red5 in Linux (more info)

Francisco Erlich López

I uninstall the red5, and reinstall whit this script http://forums.hostv.com/how-tos/134-how-automated-red5-installation.html . The script show me errors (probably because i dont some wrong) Here is all the report <a onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview ('/outgoing/http_dev_userlytics_com_report_rtf');" rel="nofollow" href="http://dev.userlytics.com/report.rtf" target="_blank">http://www.flyupload.com/?fid=232149042

Please, What can i do? Is any way to unistall all and beginning another time?

TIA,
Panchesco

Re: Install Red5 in Linux (more info)

alex (Bugzilla)-7

I had the same problem and spend on it 3 days. But I have found the
solution. I have wrote an article about that in my blog.
Here is the link:
http://alexamiryan.wordpress.com/2009/02/04/red5-instalation-on-fedora-8/

- --
Alex Amiryan