RTMPT connections dropped

Mike Pape
We have a Flash application that is used to record audio from the
microphone.  We're connecting over RTMPT to avoid firewall issues, but
we're now seeing clients get disconnected and I'm trying to figure out
why.  The clients can connect fine, but minutes later, they are
disconnected by Red5 due to inactivity.  Looking at the access log
from right before the client be disconnected, I can see several /idle
calls from the IP, then those stop.  A minute later (the default
inactivity timeout), Red5 disconnects the client.

Red5 appears to be doing what it's supposed to do (disconnecting
inactive clients), but I am looking for ideas to debug why clients all
of a sudden stop sending /idle calls (or any other calls).  One theory
is a proxy doesn't like the frequency of calls.  Why is RTMPT so
chatty?  Is RTMP this chatty?  There are several /idle calls per
second.  Is there any way to throttle that down?

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike