Red5 Server

12

Red5 Server

Benjamin Laudesa
Hi everyone im just new here, i have problem on red5 i installed not running i cant wget when installing, i just download it from gethub and upload files manually to the server, anyway my server is Cloud VPS CentOS6.8. any one can help? or any manual

Re: Red5 Server

Rajdeep Rath
Hi, welcome to red5.

What is the error that you are seeing ? Is there any logging or it just simply does not start ?
Which version are you trying ?  Can you point me to the link that you are trying ?

On Jan 10, 2017 7:45 PM, "Benjamin Laudesa" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone im just new here, i have problem on red5 i installed not running i cant wget when installing, i just download it from gethub and upload files manually to the server, anyway my server is Cloud VPS CentOS6.8. any one can help? or any manual

Re: Red5 Server

Benjamin Laudesa
root@server [/usr/local/red5/webapps]# /etc/init.d/red5 stop
Shutting down red5:                                        [FAILED]

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 8:59 AM, Benjamin Laudesa <[hidden email]> wrote:
this is my link http://198.89.125.249:5080/ when i start red5 in commandline it was successful but when i go to the link cannot display

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 10:17 PM, Rajdeep Rath <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, welcome to red5.

What is the error that you are seeing ? Is there any logging or it just simply does not start ?
Which version are you trying ?  Can you point me to the link that you are trying ?

On Jan 10, 2017 7:45 PM, "Benjamin Laudesa" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone im just new here, i have problem on red5 i installed not running i cant wget when installing, i just download it from gethub and upload files manually to the server, anyway my server is Cloud VPS CentOS6.8. any one can help? or any manual

Re: Red5 Server

Rajdeep Rath
In that URL which version ?
Also can you share your logs ? From red5 directory - log folder ?

On Jan 11, 2017 5:37 PM, "Benjamin Laudesa" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

That's OK, follow the link I sent you earlier to understand how it all works.

1. Before you install red5 make sure you have Java installed - if you don't know you can google for it.

2. After Java is installed, download the RED5 archive and unzip and upload to your server.

3. Then run red5.sh from red5 directory

You still did not tell me which file did you actually upload to your server !! You can start with 1.0.7 release file from GitHub page.

On Jan 11, 2017 6:57 PM, "Benjamin Laudesa" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

1. Upgrade it to latest please. 1.6 is very old.

2. Get 1.0.7 red5 and unzip and upload to your server the. Start - red5.sh

3. Check the link I sent you earlier.

On Jan 11, 2017 7:08 PM, "Benjamin Laudesa" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

root@server [/usr/share/red5]# ./red5.sh &
[1] 23069
root@server [/usr/share/red5]# -bash: ./red5.sh: Permission denied

What problem is this sir?

[...]

i use this script sir:

#!/bin/bash
# chkconfig: 2345 85 85
# processname: red5

PROG=red5
RED5_HOME=/usr/share/red5
DAEMON=$RED5_HOME/$PROG.sh
PIDFILE=/var/run/$PROG.pid

# Source function library
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

[ -r /etc/sysconfig/red5 ] && . /etc/sysconfig/red5

RETVAL=0

case "$1" in
start)
echo -n $"Starting $PROG: "
cd $RED5_HOME
$DAEMON >/dev/null 2>/dev/null &
RETVAL=$?
if [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ]; then
echo $! > $PIDFILE
touch /var/lock/subsys/$PROG
fi
[ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && success $"$PROG startup" || failure $"$PROG startup"
echo
;;
stop)
echo -n $"Shutting down $PROG: "
killproc -p $PIDFILE
RETVAL=$?
echo
[ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && rm -f /var/lock/subsys/$PROG
;;
restart)
$0 stop
$0 start
;;
status)
status $PROG -p $PIDFILE
RETVAL=$?
;;
*)
echo $"Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart|status}"
RETVAL=1
esac

exit $RETVAL

[...]

I bet Permission denied is the problem :) . Did you try giving executable permission to scripts .

Chmod +x ./red5.sh
Chmod +x ./red5-debug.sh
Chmod +x ./red5-shutdown.sh

Look fo installation guide in red5-server wiki

On Jan 13, 2017 9:41 AM, "Benjamin Laudesa" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

i have given chmod 777 permission sir, i can now start and stop the red5 but still not displaying. is it the right folder in /usr/share/red5? or /opt/red5 attached is the screenshoot.

red5.jpg (339K) Download Attachment
12