Red5 as an audio streamer?

Can Kırca
 Hello to all,

My name's Can, I'm a server administrator in a middle-size company.
I have a small question about Red5.

I'm about to create an online learning platform for blind users. I
installed Moodle, would like to embed audio contents into lessons to
prevent downloading.

Is it possible to use Red5 as an audio streamer? After installation
Red5 to my CentOS or Ubuntu server, what can i do to get URL for my
audio files?

Thanks for your answers from now,
regards.

Re: Red5 as an audio streamer?

Can Kırca
Hello,

will it on-demand-streaming? Do I need to install anything with Red5
or only Red5 is enough?

> Yes, red5 streams media as mp4, mp3, and fly whether or not they have video
> in them.
>
> On Sun, Mar 19, 2017, 12:10 Can Kırca <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>  Hello to all,
>>
>> My name's Can, I'm a server administrator in a middle-size company.
>> I have a small question about Red5.
>>
>> I'm about to create an online learning platform for blind users. I
>> installed Moodle, would like to embed audio contents into lessons to
>> prevent downloading.
>>
>> Is it possible to use Red5 as an audio streamer? After installation
>> Red5 to my CentOS or Ubuntu server, what can i do to get URL for my
>> audio files?
>>
>> Thanks for your answers from now,
>> regards.
>>
>> --
>>
>> ---

> ---

Can Kırca

Re: Red5 as an audio streamer?

Mondain
Live or VOD is supported without any add-on.

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 1:48 PM Can Kırca <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

will it on-demand-streaming? Do I need to install anything with Red5
or only Red5 is enough?

> Yes, red5 streams media as mp4, mp3, and fly whether or not they have video
> in them.
>
> On Sun, Mar 19, 2017, 12:10 Can Kırca <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>  Hello to all,
>>
>> My name's Can, I'm a server administrator in a middle-size company.
>> I have a small question about Red5.
>>
>> I'm about to create an online learning platform for blind users. I
>> installed Moodle, would like to embed audio contents into lessons to
>> prevent downloading.
>>
>> Is it possible to use Red5 as an audio streamer? After installation
>> Red5 to my CentOS or Ubuntu server, what can i do to get URL for my
>> audio files?
>>
>> Thanks for your answers from now,
>> regards.
>>
>> --
>>
>> ---

> ---

Can Kırca

Re: Red5 as an audio streamer?

Tiago Daniel Jacobs

Can, you probably know it, but i'll send some details.

Red5 uses the RTMP protocol, so you can publish to red5 using any program that supports this protocol.

On desktop, a good program for that is ffmpeg. If you want to publish from the browser you can do it by using a flex application (using NetConnection and NetStream classes).

For playback, you can use any player that's compatible with RTMP (just google for it).

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Tiago