Red5 streaming of the local files on some schedule?

Red5 streaming of the local files on some schedule?

Ilya Evlampiev
I'd like to set up a kind of internet-radio that actually doesn't take any real live sound streaming like DJ's speech and so on, but instead just working as a large Winamp playlist - just streaming local audio files to the stream one by one (but scheduled to be played at some specific times). The web admin part should be used to set up the order of tracks in this playlist only. And because I have some skills of java programming I'd like to build the system in Java ecosystem.

The Internet says that the most likely java streaming server that allows web apps to be deployed there is Red5 server. However, it is unclear from the examples and docs, whether Red5 API allows to deal with the local files and stream them? The examples are mainly focused on the live recording restreaming from some client app, not on streaming the files from the local filesystem. Can someone provide the explanation what kind of API to use to deal with audio files in Red5?

Re: Red5 streaming of the local files on some schedule?

Rajdeep Rath
You will need to check out

I know that the way to go but don't have examples of anything..