Red5 websocket signaling demo for WebRTC

Red5 websocket signaling demo for WebRTC

Rajdeep Rath

Red5 demo project showing red5 as a WebRTC host and signaling server. This is a simple demo for one to one communication and uses Red5 WebSockets for relaying information between 2 peers. Also ponders over other possibilities fo what you can do with Red5 WebSockets.

Re: Red5 websocket signaling demo for WebRTC

Tomasz L
Hi,

Great to hear it.

It is working fine when testing with Chrome <-> Chrome, Firefox <-> Firefox. Good job !!!
It is not working when mixing those browsers : Chrome<-> Firefox (let me know if you need some details)

Browsers versions:
Chrome: 54.0.2840.59 (64-bit)
Firefox: 49.0.1

BTW. Flash no longer needed? :)

Re: Red5 websocket signaling demo for WebRTC

Rajdeep Rath

Thanks for trying that out. I will look at that issue on weekend.

Flash is eternal ! ☺️

On Oct 19, 2016 2:39 AM, "Tomasz L" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Great to hear it.

It is working fine when testing with Chrome <-> Chrome, Firefox <-> Firefox. Good job !!!
It is not working when mixing those browsers : Chrome<-> Firefox (let me know if you need some details)

Browsers versions:
Chrome: 54.0.2840.59 (64-bit)
Firefox: 49.0.1

BTW. Flash no longer needed? :)

Re: Red5 websocket signaling demo for WebRTC

Tomasz L
Do I understand it correctly that this demo is doing only peer-to-peer streaming and not peer-server-peer ?

At the beginning i thought there is media server implemented (one-to-many with intermediate server) but i see now that there is only WEB-RTC signaling on RED5 side.
So when we need scalable solution(one presenter to lets say 1000 viewers ) then we still need red5 PRO or JITSI or JANUS or KURENTO ?

If there is only signaling solution then RED5 server is not needed. We can use whatever we want. For example Spring Boot with WebSocket support.
Is it correct?