Restream certain streams

Juan Diego
So I have several "input" streams that receive input from some webcams  and I want to be able to switch in between them to a selected output stream.  At the end my users are just connected to my output streams and I am able to select which input streams to publish to the output streams.  Kind of like a television studio with several cameras.
I was thinking about using red5-client to restream everything to itself, localhost or something like that.
Is that the recommended way to do it or is there an eaiser/better way?
Is it possible to make something like a fade away transition in between streams?

Thanks,

Juan Diego

Re: Restream certain streams

Rajdeep Rath

Options. 1: publish all cams to server. Then let client decide what to view. Your camera streams can all have unique naming.

Option 2 : as you said.

I think you should try to keep things simple and effective. Going down the high tech line is affordable if it does something that you cannot achieve otherwise. So if 1 is feasible so that else 2.

To make transitions depend on the rendering technology and not on server. If it's flash or Android whatever, use their own client side rendering to do effects. For now at least I don't think you can do those things from server side.

You can experiment with ffmpeg for video effect etc if you like.