Sample red5 video streaming application

durga.rubini

Am newbie to red5 streaming server, I set up the red5server and red5 plugin in Eclipse and server also runs successfully in localhost 5080. Now I want to do stream sample video from red5 server using vod to my Java application. Where I have to start now? i refer youtube videos but it is not clear please help me soon

Re: Sample red5 video streaming application

Rajdeep Rath
Hi

Welcome to red5 !!

First thing that I would like to know is what you wish to do ? Please answer the following questions so I can better understand.

Do you just want to do live streaming ?

Are you trying to develop a red5 application ? If yes why ?

What type of client do you wish to stream from - to ?

What do mean by wanting to stream to your Java application ? What kind of Java application is it ?

On Dec 17, 2016 2:18 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Am newbie to red5 streaming server, I set up the red5server and red5 plugin in Eclipse and server also runs successfully in localhost 5080. Now I want to do stream sample video from red5 server using vod to my Java application. Where I have to start now? i refer youtube videos but it is not clear please help me soon

Re: Sample red5 video streaming application

durga.rubini
Hi/thanks for your response

what we trying to do is

   1.we are creating devotional app which we can get details about poojas and mantras ,
         for eg.thursday means sai baba special on that day how to make poojas and mantras demo videos to help - do it yourself poojas in home
   2.i want to start from basic thing here - in my windows machine have some sample videos that i have to get streaming from red5 server to my java application using eclipse and red5 plugin.

On Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 2:18:14 PM UTC+5:30, [hidden email] wrote:

Am newbie to red5 streaming server, I set up the red5server and red5 plugin in Eclipse and server also runs successfully in localhost 5080. Now I want to do stream sample video from red5 server using vod to my Java application. Where I have to start now? i refer youtube videos but it is not clear please help me soon

Re: Sample red5 video streaming application

Rajdeep Rath
So from I understand this is about streaming audio / video content to Android / IOS device from red5.

So here are a few points.

1. You can always use regular HTTP server to allow playback of mp4 / mp3 onto a mobile device without using a streaming server.

2. If you still somehow want stream audio to mobile clients , you will need to use red5pro. You can choose to play content to your Android or iOS device over rtsp / hls. The open source red5 supports rtmp only. For more info visit : https://www.red5pro.com

On Dec 17, 2016 7:27 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

    1.i want to stream audio/video content from red5 server to my java application so here i create rest webservices to give server url to my php client so here other metadata will build and finally give to andriod/mobile clients

    2.i dont want to directly stream audio/video content to mobile clients so i need streaming server(red5) that i have to control in my java application
    so please help how to achieve this

On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 7:31:45 AM UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
So from I understand this is about streaming audio / video content to Android / IOS device from red5.

So here are a few points.

1. You can always use regular HTTP server to allow playback of mp4 / mp3 onto a mobile device without using a streaming server.

2. If you still somehow want stream audio to mobile clients , you will need to use red5pro. You can choose to play content to your Android or iOS device over rtsp / hls. The open source red5 supports rtmp only. For more info visit : <a href="https://www.red5pro.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.red5pro.com\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEod3TKJIdppn91sORVtzKVtfFy4Q&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.red5pro.com\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEod3TKJIdppn91sORVtzKVtfFy4Q&#39;;return true;">https://www.red5pro.com

On Dec 17, 2016 7:27 PM, <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="8HN5Ohj4DwAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">durga....@...> wrote:
[...]

hi, i understood what you said
    now i want to stream video content using vod in my java application and it is my task ,please help where i have to start

please save me to get rid of this problem

On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 11:16:23 AM UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
Follow point #2

If you still somehow want stream audio to mobile clients , you will need to use red5pro. You can choose to play content to your Android or iOS device over rtsp / hls. The open source red5 supports rtmp only. For more info visit : <a href="https://www.red5pro.com/" style="font-family:sans-serif" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.red5pro.com%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHk-YSvUVBRRfBUTH9kWjrVBnMp2g&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.red5pro.com%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHk-YSvUVBRRfBUTH9kWjrVBnMp2g&#39;;return true;">https://www.red5pro.com

On Dec 19, 2016 10:21 AM, <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="0iCgA-9SEAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">durga....@...> wrote:
Hi,thanks for your response.
    1.i want to stream audio/video content from red5 server to my java application so here i create rest webservices to give server url to my php client so here other metadata will build and finally give to andriod/mobile clients

    2.i dont want to directly stream audio/video content to mobile clients so i need streaming server(red5) that i have to control in my java application
    so please help how to achieve this

On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 7:31:45 AM UTC+5:30, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
So from I understand this is about streaming audio / video content to Android / IOS device from red5.

So here are a few points.

1. You can always use regular HTTP server to allow playback of mp4 / mp3 onto a mobile device without using a streaming server.

2. If you still somehow want stream audio to mobile clients , you will need to use red5pro. You can choose to play content to your Android or iOS device over rtsp / hls. The open source red5 supports rtmp only. For more info visit : <a href="https://www.red5pro.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.red5pro.com\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEod3TKJIdppn91sORVtzKVtfFy4Q&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.red5pro.com\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEod3TKJIdppn91sORVtzKVtfFy4Q&#39;;return true;">https://www.red5pro.com