Scaling red5

ak_001
Hi !

In order to scale red5, we are thinking of using Redis as a backend for storing Live streams(BroadcastScope) and Shared Objects(SharedObjectScope) by extending Scope class of Red5.

So in this design, Clients will be connected to red5 server. Red5 will be used as service provider. here, red5 server will use redis as backend to store Scopes(BroadcastScope & SharedObjectScope) instead of memory as it is doing now and will read from redis when client requests for services. and then whichever red5 server connects to redis can use stored scopes and provide it to clients.

I want to ask, is this possible to scale red5 with this design? What possible drawbacks are there for this design?
I also want some suggestions if I want to go ahead with this design.