Scope not found problems running anything

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
22 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Scope not found problems running anything

Robert Brown III
Greetings:

   I am running Red5 1.0.7, which I installed from the master Red5 on the website. I am finding that this entire system appears not to work.

   Whenever I attempt to run any of the demos, they fail to properly connect to the server. On the server side, I get the following exceptions thrown whenever any application attempts to connect to the server:

org.red5.server.exception.ScopeNotFoundException: Scope not found: <appName> in null
at org.red5.server.scope.ScopeResolver.resolveScope(ScopeResolver.java:112)
at org.red5.server.Context.resolveScope(Context.java:158)
at org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPHandler.onCommand(RTMPHandler.java:323)
at org.red5.server.net.rtmp.BaseRTMPHandler.messageReceived(BaseRTMPHandler.java:116)
at org.red5.server.net.rtmp.ReceivedMessageTask.call(ReceivedMessageTask.java:72)
at org.red5.server.net.rtmp.ReceivedMessageTask.call(ReceivedMessageTask.java:38)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
[INFO] [RTMPConnectionExecutor-2] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPHandler - Scope <appName> not found on localhost
[WARN] [NioProcessor-3] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPMinaIoHandler - Destination connection was null, it is already disposed. Session id: UTL1VT6R0BVLT
[INFO] [NioProcessor-3] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPMinaConnection - Connection is closed: UTL1VT6R0BVLT
[WARN] [NioProcessor-3] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPMinaIoHandler - Connection was not found for UTL1VT6R0BVLT

Note that the <appName> is the name of the application that I am trying to run.

I have been looking at the "documentation" for red 5 and don't really see anything that explains this problem. I have figured out, based on research I have done for the last 48 hours, that there is some kind of configuration of the applications that needs to be done. I cannot, unfortunately, determine what that configuration is.

I have even set up an application (since I am planning on creating a media application using red 5), but even after doing all that I needed to do (including several undocumented things) in order to set up the development environment using the Eclipse red 5 plug-in as well as following very closely the tutorials on creating a red 5 application, I am getting the exact same failure.

This product either does not work or there is something that I need to do in order to stop the scope failures. It is telling that red 5 has these problems out of the box. When the demo applications don't even run, there is clearly something not right about the installation. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone tell me how to solve it?

Someone please advise...


--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scope not found problems running anything

Rajdeep Rath

Hello Robert, welcome to red5!

So I see you are facing some issues. I think there may be a different cause to it than red5 itself. I have tried using red5 1.0.7 too and I don't have these issues.

The error log you have pasted is not complete. If you can attach you entire red5.log file perhaps i can look into it for you.

An exception of this sort would indicate  a application misconfiguration or trying to connect in a incorrect manner.   How are you attempting to connect. What does your rtmp url look like ?

Regards
Rajdeep Rath

On Jul 14, 2016 7:43 AM, "Robert Brown III" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Greetings:

   I am running Red5 1.0.7, which I installed from the master Red5 on the website. I am finding that this entire system appears not to work.

   Whenever I attempt to run any of the demos, they fail to properly connect to the server. On the server side, I get the following exceptions thrown whenever any application attempts to connect to the server:

org.red5.server.exception.ScopeNotFoundException: Scope not found: <appName> in null
at org.red5.server.scope.ScopeResolver.resolveScope(ScopeResolver.java:112)
at org.red5.server.Context.resolveScope(Context.java:158)
at org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPHandler.onCommand(RTMPHandler.java:323)
at org.red5.server.net.rtmp.BaseRTMPHandler.messageReceived(BaseRTMPHandler.java:116)
at org.red5.server.net.rtmp.ReceivedMessageTask.call(ReceivedMessageTask.java:72)
at org.red5.server.net.rtmp.ReceivedMessageTask.call(ReceivedMessageTask.java:38)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
[INFO] [RTMPConnectionExecutor-2] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPHandler - Scope <appName> not found on localhost
[WARN] [NioProcessor-3] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPMinaIoHandler - Destination connection was null, it is already disposed. Session id: UTL1VT6R0BVLT
[INFO] [NioProcessor-3] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPMinaConnection - Connection is closed: UTL1VT6R0BVLT
[WARN] [NioProcessor-3] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPMinaIoHandler - Connection was not found for UTL1VT6R0BVLT

Note that the <appName> is the name of the application that I am trying to run.

I have been looking at the "documentation" for red 5 and don't really see anything that explains this problem. I have figured out, based on research I have done for the last 48 hours, that there is some kind of configuration of the applications that needs to be done. I cannot, unfortunately, determine what that configuration is.

I have even set up an application (since I am planning on creating a media application using red 5), but even after doing all that I needed to do (including several undocumented things) in order to set up the development environment using the Eclipse red 5 plug-in as well as following very closely the tutorials on creating a red 5 application, I am getting the exact same failure.

This product either does not work or there is something that I need to do in order to stop the scope failures. It is telling that red 5 has these problems out of the box. When the demo applications don't even run, there is clearly something not right about the installation. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone tell me how to solve it?

Someone please advise...


--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scope not found problems running anything

Robert Brown III
Greetings, Rajdeep:

   Thanks for getting back to me. 

   I would love to give you the rtmp paths for the applications I am attempting to use, but these are the *demo applications* that came with Red5(!). All I did was install Red5 and attempt to run the demos. The installation was downloaded from the Red5 web site, and is composed of the 1.0.7 release. I did not alter anything in that release. I just downloaded the server, started it up, called up the demo page on my localhost, and clicked on the various demos.

   You can see why I am doubting that this thing works properly...

   In any event, after a significant effort, I did successfully create an application using the Red5 plugin, following the instructions provided in the tutorial at 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Goj0yNYr08

   When creating the application (named "testapp"), I used an option to generate client code. The *plug-in* generated the following mxml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application 
xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" 
layout="absolute"
creationComplete="onCreationComplete(event)">
<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[
import mx.controls.Alert;
import mx.events.FlexEvent;
private var connection:NetConnection;
public function onCreationComplete(event:FlexEvent) : void {
// setup connection code
connection = new NetConnection();
connection.connect("rtmp://localhost/testapp");
connection.addEventListener(NetStatusEvent.NET_STATUS, onConnectionNetStatus);
connection.client = this;
}
public function onConnectionNetStatus(event:NetStatusEvent) : void {
// did we successfully connect
if(event.info.code == "NetConnection.Connect.Success") {
Alert.show("Successful Connection", "Information");
} else {
Alert.show("Unsuccessful Connection", "Information");
}
}
]]>
</mx:Script>
</mx:Application>


I made no changes in this code. I just ran it as is (after compilation, of course!). Please note the rtmp URL in the onCreationComplete() method. This was generated by the plugin. If there is anything wrong with that URL, then there is a bug in the plugin's code generation.

I would be very curious where you got your Red5 1.0.7 copy. If you had no difficulties out of the box, then you couldn't have downloaded the same instance I did. As sated, I got my instance from the Red5 download page. If you got yours from the same place, I'd suggest you check the demo applications. Out of the box, they simply do not run.

Attached is a log of a single session running the server. Please note that I attempted to run three applications. The first exception you see in the log (after the installer service is created and the server startup is completed) is the scope failure generated for the Ball Control demo program (http://localhost:5080/demos/BallControl.html). The second exception you see is the scope failure for the Detect Bandwidth demo program (http://localhost:5080/demos/bwcheck.html). The third exception comes from running my application.

I noted that, on the demo page, there is a statement saying that the demo applications should be "installed" before running them. When researching this problem I read many posts saying that the installation step was unnecessary. Still, I attempted to run the install program, which attempts to connect to the server and list available applications. The last of the log shows the incredibly uninformative error message that was generated.

I would be curious to know what you make of these facts. There are apparently bugs in the installation, and there are clearly bugs in the documentation.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

log.txt (29K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scope not found problems running anything

Rajdeep Rath

Ok i will go through the stuff you posted. But for starters, red5 nowadays comes with only 2 apps - live and vod. You can go into webapp folder and see what apps you have.

You demo flash apps are all fine the partner apps they connect to are no longer on server. Hence you get scope not found. But that is only becsue you can use the live and vod app for all purpose. Also I can't say about your testapp yet. Perhaps you haven't configured it well enough.

Please use rtmp://localhost/live as the rtmp url when trying any of the demos.

Regards
Rajdeep Rath


On Jul 14, 2016 4:10 PM, "Robert Brown III" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Greetings, Rajdeep:

   Thanks for getting back to me. 

   I would love to give you the rtmp paths for the applications I am attempting to use, but these are the *demo applications* that came with Red5(!). All I did was install Red5 and attempt to run the demos. The installation was downloaded from the Red5 web site, and is composed of the 1.0.7 release. I did not alter anything in that release. I just downloaded the server, started it up, called up the demo page on my localhost, and clicked on the various demos.

   You can see why I am doubting that this thing works properly...

   In any event, after a significant effort, I did successfully create an application using the Red5 plugin, following the instructions provided in the tutorial at 


   When creating the application (named "testapp"), I used an option to generate client code. The *plug-in* generated the following mxml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application 
layout="absolute"
creationComplete="onCreationComplete(event)">
<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[
import mx.controls.Alert;
import mx.events.FlexEvent;
private var connection:NetConnection;
public function onCreationComplete(event:FlexEvent) : void {
// setup connection code
connection = new NetConnection();
connection.connect("rtmp://localhost/testapp");
connection.addEventListener(NetStatusEvent.NET_STATUS, onConnectionNetStatus);
connection.client = this;
}
public function onConnectionNetStatus(event:NetStatusEvent) : void {
// did we successfully connect
if(event.info.code == "NetConnection.Connect.Success") {
Alert.show("Successful Connection", "Information");
} else {
Alert.show("Unsuccessful Connection", "Information");
}
}
]]>
</mx:Script>
</mx:Application>


I made no changes in this code. I just ran it as is (after compilation, of course!). Please note the rtmp URL in the onCreationComplete() method. This was generated by the plugin. If there is anything wrong with that URL, then there is a bug in the plugin's code generation.

I would be very curious where you got your Red5 1.0.7 copy. If you had no difficulties out of the box, then you couldn't have downloaded the same instance I did. As sated, I got my instance from the Red5 download page. If you got yours from the same place, I'd suggest you check the demo applications. Out of the box, they simply do not run.

Attached is a log of a single session running the server. Please note that I attempted to run three applications. The first exception you see in the log (after the installer service is created and the server startup is completed) is the scope failure generated for the Ball Control demo program (http://localhost:5080/demos/BallControl.html). The second exception you see is the scope failure for the Detect Bandwidth demo program (http://localhost:5080/demos/bwcheck.html). The third exception comes from running my application.

I noted that, on the demo page, there is a statement saying that the demo applications should be "installed" before running them. When researching this problem I read many posts saying that the installation step was unnecessary. Still, I attempted to run the install program, which attempts to connect to the server and list available applications. The last of the log shows the incredibly uninformative error message that was generated.

I would be curious to know what you make of these facts. There are apparently bugs in the installation, and there are clearly bugs in the documentation.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scope not found problems running anything

Robert Brown III
Actually, Prajdeep:

   My copy only has vod working. My attempt to use live generated a 404 failure. Apparently the live folder under webapps only has WEB-INF (with the red5 properties and xml files) and an empty persistance folder! Is there a copy of this live application somewhere that I can download?

   Also: if my application (testapp) is poorly configured, that means that the code generated by the red5 plugin is buggy -- especially since the plugin generated any configuration that is in it and, as I said before, all I did was generate the minimum code, compile it and run it.

   Is there somewhere where I can get reasonably decent documentation on how to properly configure a Red5 application?

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scope not found problems running anything

Rajdeep Rath

Hmm well the live app is just that. Persistence folder isn't a part of it. It should work as it is.

Unlike most people i am very lazy and always prefer to use the red5 eclipse plugin. And it does work for me everytime. Let me see if I can prepare a write up for you or perhaps some links.

Do you see any red errors in your app in eclipse when working with the plugin ? Does you application automatically publish to the webapp directory ?


On Jul 14, 2016 8:51 PM, "Robert Brown III" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Actually, Prajdeep:

   My copy only has vod working. My attempt to use live generated a 404 failure. Apparently the live folder under webapps only has WEB-INF (with the red5 properties and xml files) and an empty persistance folder! Is there a copy of this live application somewhere that I can download?

   Also: if my application (testapp) is poorly configured, that means that the code generated by the red5 plugin is buggy -- especially since the plugin generated any configuration that is in it and, as I said before, all I did was generate the minimum code, compile it and run it.

   Is there somewhere where I can get reasonably decent documentation on how to properly configure a Red5 application?

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scope not found problems running anything

Rajdeep Rath

Perhaps you should also try to prepare a standard maven webapp and use the eclipse plugin to create a red5 runtime to which code will be depLoyed and debugged from. Do you know maven ?


On Jul 14, 2016 8:55 PM, "Rajdeep Rath" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hmm well the live app is just that. Persistence folder isn't a part of it. It should work as it is.

Unlike most people i am very lazy and always prefer to use the red5 eclipse plugin. And it does work for me everytime. Let me see if I can prepare a write up for you or perhaps some links.

Do you see any red errors in your app in eclipse when working with the plugin ? Does you application automatically publish to the webapp directory ?


On Jul 14, 2016 8:51 PM, "Robert Brown III" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Actually, Prajdeep:

   My copy only has vod working. My attempt to use live generated a 404 failure. Apparently the live folder under webapps only has WEB-INF (with the red5 properties and xml files) and an empty persistance folder! Is there a copy of this live application somewhere that I can download?

   Also: if my application (testapp) is poorly configured, that means that the code generated by the red5 plugin is buggy -- especially since the plugin generated any configuration that is in it and, as I said before, all I did was generate the minimum code, compile it and run it.

   Is there somewhere where I can get reasonably decent documentation on how to properly configure a Red5 application?

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scope not found problems running anything

Rajdeep Rath
Follow this. : https://red5pro.com/docs/server/red5prolive/
The process for Red5 open source should be same.


On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 8:57 PM, Rajdeep Rath <[hidden email]> wrote:

Perhaps you should also try to prepare a standard maven webapp and use the eclipse plugin to create a red5 runtime to which code will be depLoyed and debugged from. Do you know maven ?


On Jul 14, 2016 8:55 PM, "Rajdeep Rath" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hmm well the live app is just that. Persistence folder isn't a part of it. It should work as it is.

Unlike most people i am very lazy and always prefer to use the red5 eclipse plugin. And it does work for me everytime. Let me see if I can prepare a write up for you or perhaps some links.

Do you see any red errors in your app in eclipse when working with the plugin ? Does you application automatically publish to the webapp directory ?


On Jul 14, 2016 8:51 PM, "Robert Brown III" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Actually, Prajdeep:

   My copy only has vod working. My attempt to use live generated a 404 failure. Apparently the live folder under webapps only has WEB-INF (with the red5 properties and xml files) and an empty persistance folder! Is there a copy of this live application somewhere that I can download?

   Also: if my application (testapp) is poorly configured, that means that the code generated by the red5 plugin is buggy -- especially since the plugin generated any configuration that is in it and, as I said before, all I did was generate the minimum code, compile it and run it.

   Is there somewhere where I can get reasonably decent documentation on how to properly configure a Red5 application?

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scope not found problems running anything

Robert Brown III
In reply to this post by Rajdeep Rath
Rajdeep:

  1. FYI: I am a software architect who has been programming in Java since 1997. I have been using Maven as a replacement for Ant since v1.0 came out. Using Maven for the webapp was tried after I entered my last post in this forum. I created a standard web application and recreated my testapp. It changed nothing because everything still depends on using the Red5 server. The server is still generating scope failures.

   2. Thanks for the pointer to that Red5 Pro page. Actually, as it turns out, there are significant differences between creating a Red5 Pro application and creating a Red5 application. In order to follow those instructions, I need to have components that are only available if I pay for Red5 Pro. Nevertheless, I was able to determine that the basi configuration and layout of a Red5 application are the same as that for Red5 Pro. The trouble is, it also proves that my testapp application is properly configured.

   3. Frankly, I am losing patience here. Not with you personally, but with these folks at Infrared who provide non- working freeware whose documentation is as poor as it is incomplete. My plan originally was to use the freeware version to develop my media applications, then if I start to have a large number of users pay for the Pro version. If these people provided this broken freeware version in order to convince developers to pay for the Pro version, they have failed. After seeing the poor quality of their community version, they have certainly convinced *me* not to even think about touching their paid version.

   In summary, I have had it with this POS. I do not have the time to screw around trying to get this crap to work. Unless something amazing happens to change my mind, I will be seeking other alternatives to Red5.

    Thanks for your attempt to help me. I will return and reply when I find (or create) an alternative media server...

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scope not found problems running anything

Mondain
Nice credentials Robert, I too have used java for awhile, since 1995 in my case. I suggest not being one of the people who use / abuse FREE software and then complain publicly. You may certainly try your luck with Adobe using FMS/AMS or with Wowza should you desire to do so, but keep it cool and calm with us who volunteer to help you. Infrared5 nor Red5 Pro are responsible for Red5 open source, so lets get that cleared up right now; they do however support our endeavors financially and contribute back with documentation and fixes.
I suggest that you post your testapp to github and we can point you in the right direction, lets start there, fresh.

Paul 

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 10:36 AM Robert Brown III <[hidden email]> wrote:
Rajdeep:

  1. FYI: I am a software architect who has been programming in Java since 1997. I have been using Maven as a replacement for Ant since v1.0 came out. Using Maven for the webapp was tried after I entered my last post in this forum. I created a standard web application and recreated my testapp. It changed nothing because everything still depends on using the Red5 server. The server is still generating scope failures.

   2. Thanks for the pointer to that Red5 Pro page. Actually, as it turns out, there are significant differences between creating a Red5 Pro application and creating a Red5 application. In order to follow those instructions, I need to have components that are only available if I pay for Red5 Pro. Nevertheless, I was able to determine that the basi configuration and layout of a Red5 application are the same as that for Red5 Pro. The trouble is, it also proves that my testapp application is properly configured.

   3. Frankly, I am losing patience here. Not with you personally, but with these folks at Infrared who provide non- working freeware whose documentation is as poor as it is incomplete. My plan originally was to use the freeware version to develop my media applications, then if I start to have a large number of users pay for the Pro version. If these people provided this broken freeware version in order to convince developers to pay for the Pro version, they have failed. After seeing the poor quality of their community version, they have certainly convinced *me* not to even think about touching their paid version.

   In summary, I have had it with this POS. I do not have the time to screw around trying to get this crap to work. Unless something amazing happens to change my mind, I will be seeking other alternatives to Red5.

    Thanks for your attempt to help me. I will return and reply when I find (or create) an alternative media server...

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scope not found problems running anything

Rajdeep Rath
In reply to this post by Robert Brown III
Hi again Robert, great to hear back and sorry that you are still having trouble. don't worry am sure we will have you running with red5. I think it is important that i understand the issue you are facing since i am unable to reproduce it locally. Please follow up with me a little more here or direct mail and we will make it..

1. I have uploaded the same thing that is there on GitHub. (i will delete the link after a few hours)

I have tested the live app as well.

2. make sure you are on JDK 1.8

3. download the zip run the server


5. enter rtmp: rtmp://localhost/live 

6. Press connect. you should be able to see connection success.


Please try the following and let me know if that works for you.

Regards
Rajdeep Rath



On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 8:06 PM, Robert Brown III <[hidden email]> wrote:
Rajdeep:

  1. FYI: I am a software architect who has been programming in Java since 1997. I have been using Maven as a replacement for Ant since v1.0 came out. Using Maven for the webapp was tried after I entered my last post in this forum. I created a standard web application and recreated my testapp. It changed nothing because everything still depends on using the Red5 server. The server is still generating scope failures.

   2. Thanks for the pointer to that Red5 Pro page. Actually, as it turns out, there are significant differences between creating a Red5 Pro application and creating a Red5 application. In order to follow those instructions, I need to have components that are only available if I pay for Red5 Pro. Nevertheless, I was able to determine that the basi configuration and layout of a Red5 application are the same as that for Red5 Pro. The trouble is, it also proves that my testapp application is properly configured.

   3. Frankly, I am losing patience here. Not with you personally, but with these folks at Infrared who provide non- working freeware whose documentation is as poor as it is incomplete. My plan originally was to use the freeware version to develop my media applications, then if I start to have a large number of users pay for the Pro version. If these people provided this broken freeware version in order to convince developers to pay for the Pro version, they have failed. After seeing the poor quality of their community version, they have certainly convinced *me* not to even think about touching their paid version.

   In summary, I have had it with this POS. I do not have the time to screw around trying to get this crap to work. Unless something amazing happens to change my mind, I will be seeking other alternatives to Red5.

    Thanks for your attempt to help me. I will return and reply when I find (or create) an alternative media server...

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scope not found problems running anything

Andy Shaules-2
THe eclipse plugin is horribly outdated. dont use it :)

The docs on the pro site will get you running even with omitting the pro jar. I recommend them.

The format of the red5-web.xml file can change with updates to spring, so documentation you find on blogs can be speaking to different versions and provide the wrong file versions.

What ever bumps you hit trying to use the automated scripts and installers , well, sometimes stuff breaks.

Red5 has been a project longer than I have been a java developer.

Red5 has the fastest turnaround time for any kind of advanced media processing application compared to any other solution. Its source code is available to alter any aspect you need. It has no restrictions on how/where/what you can use it with/on/under.

I dare you to find a more cost effective solution.




On 7/15/2016 8:16 AM, Rajdeep Rath wrote:
Hi again Robert, great to hear back and sorry that you are still having trouble. don't worry am sure we will have you running with red5. I think it is important that i understand the issue you are facing since i am unable to reproduce it locally. Please follow up with me a little more here or direct mail and we will make it..

1. I have uploaded the same thing that is there on GitHub. (i will delete the link after a few hours)

I have tested the live app as well.

2. make sure you are on JDK 1.8

3. download the zip run the server


5. enter rtmp: rtmp://localhost/live 

6. Press connect. you should be able to see connection success.


Please try the following and let me know if that works for you.

Regards
Rajdeep Rath



On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 8:06 PM, Robert Brown III <[hidden email]> wrote:
Rajdeep:

  1. FYI: I am a software architect who has been programming in Java since 1997. I have been using Maven as a replacement for Ant since v1.0 came out. Using Maven for the webapp was tried after I entered my last post in this forum. I created a standard web application and recreated my testapp. It changed nothing because everything still depends on using the Red5 server. The server is still generating scope failures.

   2. Thanks for the pointer to that Red5 Pro page. Actually, as it turns out, there are significant differences between creating a Red5 Pro application and creating a Red5 application. In order to follow those instructions, I need to have components that are only available if I pay for Red5 Pro. Nevertheless, I was able to determine that the basi configuration and layout of a Red5 application are the same as that for Red5 Pro. The trouble is, it also proves that my testapp application is properly configured.

   3. Frankly, I am losing patience here. Not with you personally, but with these folks at Infrared who provide non- working freeware whose documentation is as poor as it is incomplete. My plan originally was to use the freeware version to develop my media applications, then if I start to have a large number of users pay for the Pro version. If these people provided this broken freeware version in order to convince developers to pay for the Pro version, they have failed. After seeing the poor quality of their community version, they have certainly convinced *me* not to even think about touching their paid version.

   In summary, I have had it with this POS. I do not have the time to screw around trying to get this crap to work. Unless something amazing happens to change my mind, I will be seeking other alternatives to Red5.

    Thanks for your attempt to help me. I will return and reply when I find (or create) an alternative media server...

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scope not found problems running anything

Robert Brown III
Rajdeep:

   I thank you for your attempts to help me. I appreciate the fact that you were there while the other participants in this thread seemed unwilling to even comment until I basically said I was dumping Red5. And I have dumped it. I looked and found a better (free) solution for my problems. I am here to reply to you because I promised I would let you know when I found a better solution. I have: it is called VideoLAN.

Mondain:

   In your reply, you mentioned my "nice credentials". I wasn't giving Rajdeep any credentials. If you actually knew my credentials, you would have very little (if anything) to say to me. I only mentioned my years using Java in order to emphasize that I am well aware of pretty much all the major development tools associated with Java (and FYI: I know a quite a few minor ones as well). 

   Furthermore, if downloading a free library, making absolutely no changes in it, and having it fail *out of the box* is "abuse", then the quality of such free software is, at best, questionable and it deserves every public complaint that can be made about it. And since all I ended up saying in my previous post was that Red5 was a POS that didn't work and that I was giving up using it, I must say that after several days of frustration trying to get it to work my statements were as "cool" and "calm" as possible. And since the only one who actually tried to help me was Rajdeep, I feel no obligation to be cool or calm with you -- assuming, of course, I chose to be otherwise with anyone.

   You had nothing to say to me until I gave up on Red5. You have been no help at all and, frankly, for these reasons your chastisements are irrelevant. Until you are more constructive and helpful, you really have nothing to say to me.

Andy:

   Thank you for your information. If I had known just how outdated the Eclipse plugin was, I would never have tried to use it. As for the Pro docs, they really weren't much help because they reference tools that I can only get if I buy the pro version. As for other online sources, they all seem to reference the pre- release version of Red5 (which I am familiar with since I first tried to use Red5 back when the first Release candidate was released), so I never took them seriously anyway.

   And as I mentioned to Rajdeep, I did find a more cost- effective solution. Not only are the VideoLAN libraries freeware that can be used to do just about everything that Red5 can do, but I can use them to save to more different types of video files, I can play everything from obscure video formats to the contents of DVDs using VideoLAN, and I can create applications more easily using their API. I can download their examples and run them without problems, and their tutorials enabled me to learn their API in less than a day.

   Maybe the Red5 people willl someday provide freeware with this level of quality. I may look in on Red5 again in another 5 years or so. But for now, as far as I am concerned, I have found a more cost- effective solution. And I did so without even taking your dare!

   I hope you guys continue to enjoy your Red5. As for me, I have VideoLAN- based work to do...

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scope not found problems running anything

Mondain

I don't give a damn about your creds, but if you were a qualified and an expert java dev, you'd figure red5 out in about 2 hours time, since you failed, that's speaks volumes to me. Have a great day and go be annoying somewhere else.


On Wed, Jul 27, 2016, 17:44 Robert Brown III <[hidden email]> wrote:
Rajdeep:

   I thank you for your attempts to help me. I appreciate the fact that you were there while the other participants in this thread seemed unwilling to even comment until I basically said I was dumping Red5. And I have dumped it. I looked and found a better (free) solution for my problems. I am here to reply to you because I promised I would let you know when I found a better solution. I have: it is called VideoLAN.

Mondain:

   In your reply, you mentioned my "nice credentials". I wasn't giving Rajdeep any credentials. If you actually knew my credentials, you would have very little (if anything) to say to me. I only mentioned my years using Java in order to emphasize that I am well aware of pretty much all the major development tools associated with Java (and FYI: I know a quite a few minor ones as well). 

   Furthermore, if downloading a free library, making absolutely no changes in it, and having it fail *out of the box* is "abuse", then the quality of such free software is, at best, questionable and it deserves every public complaint that can be made about it. And since all I ended up saying in my previous post was that Red5 was a POS that didn't work and that I was giving up using it, I must say that after several days of frustration trying to get it to work my statements were as "cool" and "calm" as possible. And since the only one who actually tried to help me was Rajdeep, I feel no obligation to be cool or calm with you -- assuming, of course, I chose to be otherwise with anyone.

   You had nothing to say to me until I gave up on Red5. You have been no help at all and, frankly, for these reasons your chastisements are irrelevant. Until you are more constructive and helpful, you really have nothing to say to me.

Andy:

   Thank you for your information. If I had known just how outdated the Eclipse plugin was, I would never have tried to use it. As for the Pro docs, they really weren't much help because they reference tools that I can only get if I buy the pro version. As for other online sources, they all seem to reference the pre- release version of Red5 (which I am familiar with since I first tried to use Red5 back when the first Release candidate was released), so I never took them seriously anyway.

   And as I mentioned to Rajdeep, I did find a more cost- effective solution. Not only are the VideoLAN libraries freeware that can be used to do just about everything that Red5 can do, but I can use them to save to more different types of video files, I can play everything from obscure video formats to the contents of DVDs using VideoLAN, and I can create applications more easily using their API. I can download their examples and run them without problems, and their tutorials enabled me to learn their API in less than a day.

   Maybe the Red5 people willl someday provide freeware with this level of quality. I may look in on Red5 again in another 5 years or so. But for now, as far as I am concerned, I have found a more cost- effective solution. And I did so without even taking your dare!

   I hope you guys continue to enjoy your Red5. As for me, I have VideoLAN- based work to do...

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scope not found problems running anything

Robert Brown III
So the real Mondain comes out:

   A useless defender of an unusable freeware library. A fanatic who has no idea who he is communicating with.

   You have no clue about my qualifications as a Java developer, but you are giving me a good idea about yours (or the lack thereof). If you were qualified, and if you had half a brain, you would have effectively shamed me by showing how easily my problems with Red5 could be solved, instead of making lame insults as you are doing now.

   It is unfortunate that you are so "annoyed" by me telling things like they are. Frankly, I find you rather amusing. You remind me of certain fanatics that I have fun battering with simple logic: "what I believe is right and if you can't accept it then you are stupid". If that is alll you can say to defend the library you love, then you are, at best, an excellent comedian for me.

   For that, I thank you. I needed a good laugh this evening...

   

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scope not found problems running anything

Mondain

Trolls be trollin


On Wed, Jul 27, 2016, 18:21 Robert Brown III <[hidden email]> wrote:
So the real Mondain comes out:

   A useless defender of an unusable freeware library. A fanatic who has no idea who he is communicating with.

   You have no clue about my qualifications as a Java developer, but you are giving me a good idea about yours (or the lack thereof). If you were qualified, and if you had half a brain, you would have effectively shamed me by showing how easily my problems with Red5 could be solved, instead of making lame insults as you are doing now.

   It is unfortunate that you are so "annoyed" by me telling things like they are. Frankly, I find you rather amusing. You remind me of certain fanatics that I have fun battering with simple logic: "what I believe is right and if you can't accept it then you are stupid". If that is alll you can say to defend the library you love, then you are, at best, an excellent comedian for me.

   For that, I thank you. I needed a good laugh this evening...

   

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scope not found problems running anything

Chris Allen
Don’t feed trolls Paul. :) I do like that he’s insulted everyone on our team including Rajdeep, since he too works for Infrared5. :)

And honestly Robert, I’m sorry you had a hard time with the free software. We are working on improving the developer experience, but alas, the pro/paid project takes preceidence. I appreciate the feedback, even though it was perhaps not worded as nicely as it could have been. I’m also glad you found some free software that’s working for you. Awesome! 

Red5 isn’t unusable for plenty of companies around the world. It is hard stuff though.

Now let’s all move on and build software instead of this nonsense.  

-Chris




Chris Allen

On Jul 27, 2016, at 6:27 PM, Mondain <[hidden email]> wrote:

Trolls be trollin


On Wed, Jul 27, 2016, 18:21 Robert Brown III <[hidden email]> wrote:
So the real Mondain comes out:

   A useless defender of an unusable freeware library. A fanatic who has no idea who he is communicating with.

   You have no clue about my qualifications as a Java developer, but you are giving me a good idea about yours (or the lack thereof). If you were qualified, and if you had half a brain, you would have effectively shamed me by showing how easily my problems with Red5 could be solved, instead of making lame insults as you are doing now.

   It is unfortunate that you are so "annoyed" by me telling things like they are. Frankly, I find you rather amusing. You remind me of certain fanatics that I have fun battering with simple logic: "what I believe is right and if you can't accept it then you are stupid". If that is alll you can say to defend the library you love, then you are, at best, an excellent comedian for me.

   For that, I thank you. I needed a good laugh this evening...

   

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scope not found problems running anything

jasonhand001

So... I am a "troll" now?

   That explains a lot, I guess. Like why your administrators locked me out of this group. Fat lot of good it did, obviously...

   In any event, Chris Allen, I'm here to point out to you that it was your boy Mondain (Paul) who started the so- called "nonsense" you say we should be "moving away from". He initiated this nonsense when he decided that, instead of being helpful, he would start off being condescending towards me and ended up being insulting. I grant you his insults were weak and the products of a pathetic, overly sensitive child, but in the end they did require a response. As often happens when I encounter individuals like him, I responded in a manner I deemed most appropriate. And I have to be honest: I had had a bad day that day and his petulant little posts did give me a much- needed laugh.

   And as for insulting "all of you", there were only two things I insulted: your incredibly unusable freeware and your over- sensitive employee. Unlike you people, I do not identify myself with the code I write. If someone has a good reason to put my code down, I am professional enough to acknowledge its faults without taking anything personally. Your boy -- and you, it seems, took things too personally. That is on you, not me.

   Unless all of you are actually your bad code, the only human I insulted -- as a result of significant provocation on his part -- was Mondain. Your boy was simply not professional enough to at least keep his mouth shut if he didn't have anything useful to say. And frankly, the fact that you have not taken him to task for starting this unpleasantness says a lot about your own lack of professionalism.

   You people got bad feedback about bad software that was well deserved. If you cannot handle that, if you would prefer to call someone who gives it to you a "troll" so you won't have to acknowledge his/her accuracy about your poor quality code, then so be it. It doesn't change the unusability of your software, it doesn't change the fact that your freeware library is the poorest quality library that I have seen since the first really bad freeware libraries came out over a decade ago, and it doesn't change the fact that your boy's defence of this bad software -- and your tacit support of his bad behavior -- demonstrates your failure to properly lead as well as his unworthiness to be involved in any role where he is supporting others.

   Another point: just because lots of people around the world like your paid version does not excuse or justify you putting out a krappy freeware version. You give free software a bad name. I admit I cannot speak to the quality of your Pro version. It probably is very nice. I, however, am not interested in it because in the several years that I have been monitoring your freeware (I first encountered Red5 back in 2011), I have been unimpressed with it. I am one of many who use freeware to determine if the paid version is worth investing in. I don't care who likes your pro version. I care about whether or not your freeware is any good. If it isn't (and it isn't), then I have no interest in paying for your pro version. Period.

   If you people aren't going to be serious about your freeware, then you shouldn't offer it in the first place. Just be up front with everyone and make everyone pay. That is what you want, just come out and say it to the world.

   You don't know me. You likely never will. Without giving too much information about myself, know that I have been the power behind several popular freeware applications, libraries, and architectures. I have considerable resources, both human and otherwise, at my disposal. I seriously considered utilizing them to create a real free product to compete with yours in order to put you people out of business. I've done this before to several companies that put out better freeware than yours.

   As it is, I don't need to do this. I already found 4 different alternate (free) systems in the Java space alone, so I figure that when people realize what is out there they will eventually abandon you anyway. The most I have to do is make the alternatives better known. This assumes, of course, it is worth my time to do so.

    That's it. I've said all I have to say to you...

-Robert Brown III (the name I am using today)

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scope not found problems running anything

Andy Shaules-2
Is it Jason or is it Bob? Usually trolls use fake names, but trolls who are worth their billing remember to manage their troll accounts so people are not left wondering if the person is real or not.

So here is your first mistake. The pro version is built ON TOP of the crappy free ware. There was never a pro version until the demand for NEW FEATURES warranted it. WE are  not asking for stable freeware because surprisingly it already _is_. We want additional value ON TOP of what red5 already offers. When you are talking like we have this freeware version just to sell the paid version, you sound so misinformed that its almost comical reading your rant. A professional highly paid troll would have researched this before stirring shit. But seriously get off of that vector because it really really makes you sound  uninformed.

What may appear as over sensitivity is more likely along the lines of disbelief, because despite java developer tendencies to over complicate things, you wouldnt have to learn how to use Catalina to make a tomcat application with native support for media streams, but you knew that already didnt you?

Nothing you said is news to anyone in the room. Yes, deploying a MINA based architecture is difficult, we GET IT.

If Vlan suits your needs, then perhaps red5 was never the solution for you. I woulndt think so. Red5 is for people who need a scaleable web solution. I know what VLan does and I wouldnt want to use it in a public facing web application using ssl authentication and resource permission managment, and I dont think it clusters very well.

BTW, red5 came out a decade ago itself. In addition, you are mistaken that the documentation I presented to you at red5 pro does not require you to purchase anything! I can only say WTF? Eclipse is free, and a java guy would know this.

So now its my turn. :)  I say you are lying , mr 'power behind several popular freeware applications'... I know a couple of 'powers' behind this or that, and sometimes that means they are investors who are clueless about EVERYTHING but still wonderful people who love to get involved.

So tell us, jasonhand001 aka Robert Brown III. name JUST ONE popular freeware application you are behind.. If you knew the difference between 'freeware' and open source software projects Id be surprised. You can google my name all fucking day long. Ive spewed my fair share of bullshit down somebody else's telephone out of frustration too. Otherwise ill chalk you up as either a paid troll, a bored competitor, or a CEO who never has actually programmed java. The world is too small for you to pretend one of us has not crossed paths with you or your associates.

Sincerely,
Andy Fucking Shaules! :)



On 8/4/2016 4:05 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

So... I am a "troll" now?

   That explains a lot, I guess. Like why your administrators locked me out of this group. Fat lot of good it did, obviously...

   In any event, Chris Allen, I'm here to point out to you that it was your boy Mondain (Paul) who started the so- called "nonsense" you say we should be "moving away from". He initiated this nonsense when he decided that, instead of being helpful, he would start off being condescending towards me and ended up being insulting. I grant you his insults were weak and the products of a pathetic, overly sensitive child, but in the end they did require a response. As often happens when I encounter individuals like him, I responded in a manner I deemed most appropriate. And I have to be honest: I had had a bad day that day and his petulant little posts did give me a much- needed laugh.

   And as for insulting "all of you", there were only two things I insulted: your incredibly unusable freeware and your over- sensitive employee. Unlike you people, I do not identify myself with the code I write. If someone has a good reason to put my code down, I am professional enough to acknowledge its faults without taking anything personally. Your boy -- and you, it seems, took things too personally. That is on you, not me.

   Unless all of you are actually your bad code, the only human I insulted -- as a result of significant provocation on his part -- was Mondain. Your boy was simply not professional enough to at least keep his mouth shut if he didn't have anything useful to say. And frankly, the fact that you have not taken him to task for starting this unpleasantness says a lot about your own lack of professionalism.

   You people got bad feedback about bad software that was well deserved. If you cannot handle that, if you would prefer to call someone who gives it to you a "troll" so you won't have to acknowledge his/her accuracy about your poor quality code, then so be it. It doesn't change the unusability of your software, it doesn't change the fact that your freeware library is the poorest quality library that I have seen since the first really bad freeware libraries came out over a decade ago, and it doesn't change the fact that your boy's defence of this bad software -- and your tacit support of his bad behavior -- demonstrates your failure to properly lead as well as his unworthiness to be involved in any role where he is supporting others.

   Another point: just because lots of people around the world like your paid version does not excuse or justify you putting out a krappy freeware version. You give free software a bad name. I admit I cannot speak to the quality of your Pro version. It probably is very nice. I, however, am not interested in it because in the several years that I have been monitoring your freeware (I first encountered Red5 back in 2011), I have been unimpressed with it. I am one of many who use freeware to determine if the paid version is worth investing in. I don't care who likes your pro version. I care about whether or not your freeware is any good. If it isn't (and it isn't), then I have no interest in paying for your pro version. Period.

   If you people aren't going to be serious about your freeware, then you shouldn't offer it in the first place. Just be up front with everyone and make everyone pay. That is what you want, just come out and say it to the world.

   You don't know me. You likely never will. Without giving too much information about myself, know that I have been the power behind several popular freeware applications, libraries, and architectures. I have considerable resources, both human and otherwise, at my disposal. I seriously considered utilizing them to create a real free product to compete with yours in order to put you people out of business. I've done this before to several companies that put out better freeware than yours.

   As it is, I don't need to do this. I already found 4 different alternate (free) systems in the Java space alone, so I figure that when people realize what is out there they will eventually abandon you anyway. The most I have to do is make the alternatives better known. This assumes, of course, it is worth my time to do so.

    That's it. I've said all I have to say to you...

-Robert Brown III (the name I am using today)

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scope not found problems running anything

Mondain
I had a feeling one of these new people requesting list access, was this jerk off; bye bye Jason, I mean trey, or whatever the f your name is.

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 8:47 PM Andy Shaules <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is it Jason or is it Bob? Usually trolls use fake names, but trolls who are worth their billing remember to manage their troll accounts so people are not left wondering if the person is real or not.

So here is your first mistake. The pro version is built ON TOP of the crappy free ware. There was never a pro version until the demand for NEW FEATURES warranted it. WE are  not asking for stable freeware because surprisingly it already _is_. We want additional value ON TOP of what red5 already offers. When you are talking like we have this freeware version just to sell the paid version, you sound so misinformed that its almost comical reading your rant. A professional highly paid troll would have researched this before stirring shit. But seriously get off of that vector because it really really makes you sound  uninformed.

What may appear as over sensitivity is more likely along the lines of disbelief, because despite java developer tendencies to over complicate things, you wouldnt have to learn how to use Catalina to make a tomcat application with native support for media streams, but you knew that already didnt you?

Nothing you said is news to anyone in the room. Yes, deploying a MINA based architecture is difficult, we GET IT.

If Vlan suits your needs, then perhaps red5 was never the solution for you. I woulndt think so. Red5 is for people who need a scaleable web solution. I know what VLan does and I wouldnt want to use it in a public facing web application using ssl authentication and resource permission managment, and I dont think it clusters very well.

BTW, red5 came out a decade ago itself. In addition, you are mistaken that the documentation I presented to you at red5 pro does not require you to purchase anything! I can only say WTF? Eclipse is free, and a java guy would know this.

So now its my turn. :)  I say you are lying , mr 'power behind several popular freeware applications'... I know a couple of 'powers' behind this or that, and sometimes that means they are investors who are clueless about EVERYTHING but still wonderful people who love to get involved.

So tell us, jasonhand001 aka Robert Brown III. name JUST ONE popular freeware application you are behind.. If you knew the difference between 'freeware' and open source software projects Id be surprised. You can google my name all fucking day long. Ive spewed my fair share of bullshit down somebody else's telephone out of frustration too. Otherwise ill chalk you up as either a paid troll, a bored competitor, or a CEO who never has actually programmed java. The world is too small for you to pretend one of us has not crossed paths with you or your associates.

Sincerely,
Andy Fucking Shaules! :)



On 8/4/2016 4:05 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

So... I am a "troll" now?

   That explains a lot, I guess. Like why your administrators locked me out of this group. Fat lot of good it did, obviously...

   In any event, Chris Allen, I'm here to point out to you that it was your boy Mondain (Paul) who started the so- called "nonsense" you say we should be "moving away from". He initiated this nonsense when he decided that, instead of being helpful, he would start off being condescending towards me and ended up being insulting. I grant you his insults were weak and the products of a pathetic, overly sensitive child, but in the end they did require a response. As often happens when I encounter individuals like him, I responded in a manner I deemed most appropriate. And I have to be honest: I had had a bad day that day and his petulant little posts did give me a much- needed laugh.

   And as for insulting "all of you", there were only two things I insulted: your incredibly unusable freeware and your over- sensitive employee. Unlike you people, I do not identify myself with the code I write. If someone has a good reason to put my code down, I am professional enough to acknowledge its faults without taking anything personally. Your boy -- and you, it seems, took things too personally. That is on you, not me.

   Unless all of you are actually your bad code, the only human I insulted -- as a result of significant provocation on his part -- was Mondain. Your boy was simply not professional enough to at least keep his mouth shut if he didn't have anything useful to say. And frankly, the fact that you have not taken him to task for starting this unpleasantness says a lot about your own lack of professionalism.

   You people got bad feedback about bad software that was well deserved. If you cannot handle that, if you would prefer to call someone who gives it to you a "troll" so you won't have to acknowledge his/her accuracy about your poor quality code, then so be it. It doesn't change the unusability of your software, it doesn't change the fact that your freeware library is the poorest quality library that I have seen since the first really bad freeware libraries came out over a decade ago, and it doesn't change the fact that your boy's defence of this bad software -- and your tacit support of his bad behavior -- demonstrates your failure to properly lead as well as his unworthiness to be involved in any role where he is supporting others.

   Another point: just because lots of people around the world like your paid version does not excuse or justify you putting out a krappy freeware version. You give free software a bad name. I admit I cannot speak to the quality of your Pro version. It probably is very nice. I, however, am not interested in it because in the several years that I have been monitoring your freeware (I first encountered Red5 back in 2011), I have been unimpressed with it. I am one of many who use freeware to determine if the paid version is worth investing in. I don't care who likes your pro version. I care about whether or not your freeware is any good. If it isn't (and it isn't), then I have no interest in paying for your pro version. Period.

   If you people aren't going to be serious about your freeware, then you shouldn't offer it in the first place. Just be up front with everyone and make everyone pay. That is what you want, just come out and say it to the world.

   You don't know me. You likely never will. Without giving too much information about myself, know that I have been the power behind several popular freeware applications, libraries, and architectures. I have considerable resources, both human and otherwise, at my disposal. I seriously considered utilizing them to create a real free product to compete with yours in order to put you people out of business. I've done this before to several companies that put out better freeware than yours.

   As it is, I don't need to do this. I already found 4 different alternate (free) systems in the Java space alone, so I figure that when people realize what is out there they will eventually abandon you anyway. The most I have to do is make the alternatives better known. This assumes, of course, it is worth my time to do so.

    That's it. I've said all I have to say to you...

-Robert Brown III (the name I am using today)

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "red5" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
12