Sharing SharedObject with another red5 server

Sharing SharedObject with another red5 server

ak_001
Hi,

I know that we can restream live stream using StreamingProxy to another red5 server.
But is there any way using which I can share a same SharedObject between 4 to 5 red5 servers?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Anuja

Re: Sharing SharedObject with another red5 server

Rajdeep Rath
Well I don't know of an existing mechanism for doing this. But you can probably create it yourself. A few hints in my view will be..

1. A persistent low latency connection between servers.

StreamingProxy uses rtmp client I think to make a realtime connection. You can use that or may be a websocket connection.

2. See the server side shared object API. When you create a server side so, and client requests the same so by name, they are connected to the same object.

3. Using serverside API listen for shared object updates. And then push that to other server over the persistent connection.

4. On the other server received the data and write it to the version of shared object on that server using server API. That will push change event to client.

This is perhaps one of the ways I could think of. There can be different approaches. Hopefully this is enough to give a good direction.