Streaming Video from phone to Red5

Juan Diego
Hi

I was trying to use some rtmp apps for my android phone.  I wanted to use my phone to stream video to my red5 server but I had problems connecting to my server with most apps I get this

[INFO] [pool-4-thread-1] org.red5.server.tomcat.WarDeployer - Deploy wars with app start
[WARN] [RTMPConnectionScheduler-13] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPConnection - Closing UTBM0WRVL7PIB, due to long handshake. State: connect
[INFO] [RTMPConnectionScheduler-13] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPMinaConnection - Connection is closed: UTBM0WRVL7PIB
[WARN] [NioProcessor-6] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.InboundHandshake - Client digest verification failed
[WARN] [NioProcessor-6] org.red5.server.net.rtmpe.RTMPEIoFilter - Client was rejected due to invalid handshake
[INFO] [NioProcessor-6] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPMinaConnection - Connection is closed: YMEUIVDGWZL7A
[WARN] [NioProcessor-6] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPMinaIoHandler - Connection was not found for YMEUIVDGWZL7A

the only settings I use are the following
rtmp://mylaptopaddress/oflaDemo
channel/stream: red5StreamDemo

I tried "rtmp camera" app or "live broadcaster" app for android, and some other
rtmp apps for android.

Do you recommend another app or another protocol instead of rtmp?

Thanks,

Juan Diego

Re: Streaming Video from phone to Red5

Rajdeep Rath

If you are using red5 open source then you can just use for now. If you use red5pro you can make use of the SDK and publish rtsp.

However that said i have not faced these issues before. I had a app which worked fine till Android 4.4  and that's a Adobe air hybrid app. Used it many times never had any issues.

Even if your app used something ffmpeg based you still wouldn't have issues. So this issue could be something with the particular build or something. What version of red5 are you using ?