Text Based Form overlay on video stream

ABHIJIT SINGH
I was going through Red5 Pro feature sets, and I wanted to ask a question. Is it possible to popup a form ( to take viewers input ) for a few seconds on the client App while the video is still streaming ? Actually, I am building an app for training purpose through live video Streams and during the course of the stream, the instructor may ask the viewers a few questions that need to be answered in a few seconds. Hence, the video Stream and the time at which the question appears on the viewers device should be synchronised. So, basically during the video stream at the server side, can some meta information be sent which the client app can interpret and pop up the question on the screen ?

Re: Text Based Form overlay on video stream

Rajdeep Rath
Hi there,

I think a better place to ask this question. Would be on the official slack support channel.
However I will try to answer your question.

In terms of old school vod what you are asking for is called insertion of cuepoints (metadata) and then the player would intercept flv events and you can engage the user at that timecode.

However you are dealing with live streaming here. So there can be many ways to tackle the issue.

1.Not sure but possibly you can do the same thing here by sending  cuepoints over live stream and listen for them on subscriber client. (Check with support to see if this is supported)

2. Use sharedbobject messaging between publisher and subscribers. You can send custom messages and on subscriber client listen for these messages. When you get the one you want show form or whatever.

3. Use RMI, invoke message from serverside on clients when you intercept the metadata event (cuepoints etc) on server. (Complex).

There can be more options so you should just post it there and you will get more answers. Also a good day to ask would be Monday 9PM IST.