Understanding methods associated with room in MultiThreadedApplicationAdapter

Understanding methods associated with room in MultiThreadedApplicationAdapter

ak_001
Hi,

I am trying to know what is the difference between roomStart(), roomConnect() and roomJoin().
What I understood is roomStart() is called once for the entire lifecycle of a particulat scope with type room.
But what is difference between roomConnect() , roomJoin() and appConnect() as well.
Because with every client connection, with every child Scope connection
they are called.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Anuja

Re: Understanding methods associated with room in MultiThreadedApplicationAdapter

Rajdeep Rath
Hi, documentation about it will be out soon on the development series wiki. For now I suggest you add logging to observe the sequence of things.

AppStart  : when the application scope starts

AppConnect : when the client attempts connection

RoomStart : when the room scope is created inside the application scope.

RoomJoin : when the client is trying to join the room

RoomConnect : when the client is trying to connect to the room

AppDisconnect : when client disconnects from app

RoomDisconnect : when client is disconnected from room.

Etc...

Now you will notice appJoin - appConnect seem redundant and roomJoin - roomConnect also seem redundant...

But if you notice the parameters are different. Join methods tell you about where the client is connecting to in the app.(scope) whereas connect methods tell you about who is connecting. Not that you have to tangle yourself in this difference. There are ways to get IConnection reference from anywhere and get scope from there. The major difference being the ' Object[] params ' which is the connection params passed in by client (not through URL).

Also from what I last remember join calls happen before the connect calls.

Lastly if you want to know where to authenticate a client ? The connect methods are the recommended points.

Also check this out :

On Jun 21, 2017 6:31 PM, "Anuja Kothekar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to know what is the difference between roomStart(), roomConnect() and roomJoin().
What I understood is roomStart() is called once for the entire lifecycle of a particulat scope with type room.
But what is difference between roomConnect() , roomJoin() and appConnect() as well.
Because with every client connection, with every child Scope connection
they are called.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Anuja

Re: Understanding methods associated with room in MultiThreadedApplicationAdapter

ak_001
Thanks for response!
I have gone through the manual as well which you have posted. That is indeed a great source !
I have one more doubt, is there any listener/observer that will observe addition of new scope inside Scope of type Room and
get back with response as child scope. I need to configure child scope added dynamically inside room scope like putting a sharedobjectlistener on it
and on update passing that data to my back end server. Is there any way possible I can achieve this?

On Jun 21, 2017 6:31 PM, "Anuja Kothekar" <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="KtxHpsMvAAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">anuja.k...@...> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to know what is the difference between roomStart(), roomConnect() and roomJoin().
What I understood is roomStart() is called once for the entire lifecycle of a particulat scope with type room.
But what is difference between roomConnect() , roomJoin() and appConnect() as well.
Because with every client connection, with every child Scope connection
they are called.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Anuja

Re: Understanding methods associated with room in MultiThreadedApplicationAdapter

Rajdeep Rath
You can use the roomStart method to track sub scope creation on a app.

Or you can also try using the IScopeListener.(this I have to check out , can't remember just now)

Basically there is a 'server' object available in red5 apps and plugins. You can add a scope listener to server to get call back for scopes created.

Will be adding an example for this soon.