Will i need SDK for making an app that using red5 rtmp stream

Will i need SDK for making an app that using red5 rtmp stream

Shammi Seth
Hi as we know apple does not support rtmp so if i make and app that is using red5 and AIR will i still need to download the andriod and apple sdk from red5 pro site?  Do i need an ANE or something?

Re: Will i need SDK for making an app that using red5 rtmp stream

Rajdeep Rath

Hi

Welcome to red5!

If you use red5pro for your projects and you want native application support then you use the mobile SDK. There is no SDK for the open source project.

For mobile playback with red5 open source you can try one of the community solutions for hLS playback ... (Google search)

On Jul 30, 2016 3:05 PM, "Shammi Seth" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi as we know apple does not support rtmp so if i make and app that is using red5 and AIR will i still need to download the andriod and apple sdk from red5 pro site?  Do i need an ANE or something?

Re: Will i need SDK for making an app that using red5 rtmp stream

Tiago Daniel Jacobs
If you create an Adobe AIR application and compile it as an IOS application, it will be capable of playing streams from RTMP protocol.

We already did it in in a mobile proof of concept application and it works. We had some restrictions like the fact that the H264 video was not rendered.

Please see this thread with more details: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/917590

Regards,
Tiago