cant republish when reusing the connection

cant republish when reusing the connection

Daniel Rossi-2
Hi it seems the problem with not being able to reuse the same connection on publishing is still around. I have to disconnect first and reconnect to start publishing again which calls the streamPublishStart stream aware handler method. Is this a specification problem as FMS seems to do the same :\

Re: cant republish when reusing the connection

Michael Klishin
On Wednesday 18 October 2006 19:40, Dan Rossi wrote:
> Hi it seems the problem with not being able to reuse the same connection
> on publishing is still around. I have to disconnect first and reconnect
> to start publishing again which calls the streamPublishStart stream
> aware handler method. Is this a specification problem as FMS seems to do
> the same :\

Dan,

Do you close the stream on disconnection? Don't you get
NetStream.Publish.BadName status?

--
novemberain.com | flexwiki.novemberain.com | rubyonrails.ru | osflash.org/red5

Michael Klishin wrote:

Dan,

Do you close the stream on disconnection? Don't you get
NetStream.Publish.BadName status?

Do you mean close the stream then start publishing the stream again without a disconnection, thats whats happening currently.

Would it be legal...

Ben Weekes

…to import and export the audio and video to and from red5 if we bought the Nelly Moser SDK?

Is Red5 sufficiently legal for commercial use?

Thanks

Ben

Re: Would it be legal...

John Grden-2
if you own the legal rights to do that sort of work with Red5, then the problem would be with whether or not those licenses are compatible with LGPL.  As for Commercial use, yeah, we chose LGPL on purpose so that people would have much more freedom in using Red5 in commercial ventures.  One of the provisions we have is that if you alter the Red5 base code, that you submit it to the Red5.org project so that the community can benefit from that work as well.  So, you have to be careful about what you want to keep closed source and what you're willing to donate back to the code base.

does that help,

jpg

On 10/19/06, Ben Weekes <[hidden email]> wrote:

…to import and export the audio and video to and from red5 if we bought the Nelly Moser SDK?

Is Red5 sufficiently legal for commercial use?

Thanks

Ben

[  JPG  ]

Re: Would it be legal...

David Rorex
If someone takes Red5, makes modifications to it, but only uses it on their own servers, then technically, they are not re-distributing it, and not subject to any of the conditions of the LGPL. Of course, it is in their best interest to contribute back anyway, but at least they don't have to worry that they are forced to contribute 100% of their code (in case some buisness secrets, problems with NDAs,etc are in the code).

(Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, but I play one on the internet)

-David R

if you own the legal rights to do that sort of work with Red5, then the problem would be with whether or not those licenses are compatible with LGPL.  As for Commercial use, yeah, we chose LGPL on purpose so that people would have much more freedom in using Red5 in commercial ventures.  One of the provisions we have is that if you alter the Red5 base code, that you submit it to the <a href="http://Red5.org" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">Red5.org project so that the community can benefit from that work as well.  So, you have to be careful about what you want to keep closed source and what you're willing to donate back to the code base.