epg

sara hajili

HI all.
first of all i tnx for spending ur time to read this topic. and i know that this topic is bot directly related to red5 .but as u r master at media server. i want to know any knowledge about media server and epg . so any help would be helpful.

I want use nginx as a my media server .
and i want to dash my live streaming , now i found  this module :
https://github.com/ut0mt8/nginx-rtmp-module/
to do that.
i want to store my live stream to have e vod for past live streaming.so i used "record" feature in nginx also .
i have not enough knowledge about live streaming with epg ,has any one any knowledge and want to share that experience  with us?
how i can use epg and nginx all together?
i guess i have 2 approaches to do that .

first :
I record my live streaming as a flv file and dash this long video ,and my media server don't pay attention to epg .and epg directly get by media client .
and when client get epg . client request to my media server that want to get stream from this epoch time to that epoch time (client  know this by get and read epg json file ). and media server go to the one mpd file that was generated before . and try to concat that mpd file from |requested epoch time and on the fly generate appropriate mpd file . and sent this mpd file to client , and client start play dash . i guess in this approach i have a waste time for read a mpd file and generate new one.

second:
my media server involve in epg.so i start record live streaming to flv file and  read epg and segment this long flv file to segments based on epg file . and when client request a for example media1 from epg i send suitable mpd file to end user . by this approach i don't want to generate epg file on the fly , and i gues i save some times when i want to  response client request.

but both of top approaches are my imagination of live streaming with epg .and i don't know which one is correct and which one is the best . and as a general question epg in iptvs handled by which side? with media server or client or both of them ?