external/IPC with Red5

marlon-7
 Hi,

 What is the best way to do external communication with Red 5?  What I want to do is communicate with red5 from java server pages (jsp).

I looked into Java RMI and sockets. RMI seems a bit overkill.  Sockets requires creating a seperate thread to read incoming data, which from experience I learned that I can't spawn in red5 version .5 without crashing the server.

Is there a better solution?